May 06, 2024, 12:19:20 AM

1,531,621 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Quote from: Pancake Persona on August 14, 2012, 03:43:01 PM
just so you know, it's just a repackaging of nsmb wii

and unless you like square shovelware, there's really nothing else on the 3ds at this point other than ports and remakes

well no its not a repackaging, but it plays similarly. but you cant use that as an argument, as you can easily say that any mario game plays the same, just as any game in a franchise usually does.

and if you left your 3ds in sleep mode for a few hours, and it died, there might be something wrong with the battery, i leave mine in sleep mode for hours on end, and it stays charged.

TooB

Quote from: gumy on August 14, 2012, 01:33:49 PM
if they re-release majoras mask onto 3ds i will buy it and i will stream my playthrough again.

frankly, i dont want a port of MM.
id rather have original games for the system. that was the main problem with the 3ds's launch...
too many ports of existing games, mostly from the n64. thats not a good thing.

Snowy

I leave my 3DS in sleep mode for DAYS and it's fine. sillydood;

TooB

Quote from: Snowy on August 15, 2012, 12:09:18 PM
I leave my 3DS in sleep mode for DAYS and it's fine. sillydood;

exactly.... the 3ds's battery isnt that bad, only when compared to earlier nintendo handhelds.
at least its not the game gear. SIX AA batteries and only a 2-3 hr lifespan.... srsly

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: feyd666 on August 15, 2012, 12:02:23 PM
well no its not a repackaging, but it plays similarly. but you cant use that as an argument, as you can easily say that any mario game plays the same, just as any game in a franchise usually does.

and if you left your 3ds in sleep mode for a few hours, and it died, there might be something wrong with the battery, i leave mine in sleep mode for hours on end, and it stays charged.
for one, the music is exactly the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdaInPiHjlc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-ShoLALwK0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEK0Tv7qOpI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNqcIT5zLP0

and the levels are virtually identical. there are romhacks that people make in a week that have more new content than this repackaging  akudood;

and my 3ds gets a "good" 2 hours of life when playing a game so it's probably poor coding involving the sleep mode and not necessarily the battery alone
Quote from: feyd666 on August 15, 2012, 12:12:25 PM
exactly.... the 3ds's battery isnt that bad, only when compared to earlier nintendo handhelds.
at least its not the game gear. SIX AA batteries and only a 2-3 hr lifespan.... srsly
Are you really saying the 3DS is good when stacked against a 22 year old handheld that had the power of consoles at the time. akudood;

People bitched about the PSP's battery life, but I can still get a good 6 hours of Monster Hunter in before the battery dies. Also, the Game Gear's battery life is around the same--speaking as somebody who owns one.

The 3DS has some of the worst battery life ever, and at over one year old, it has one of the worst game libraries. akudood;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

TooB

whatever you say.... because they use some of the same music in a couple vids, you think its all the same?
the DS new mario had that music, then Wii mario used it again, but were they the same? no.

and  i own a game gear too, so that argument is moot. and psp? i get a good 6 hrs from my 3ds so thats no argument
as for the 3ds library? its still growing, so time will tell. yes it had a terrible launch, but its getting better.
and no im not saying the 3ds is comparable to a 22 yr old handheld, but people got used to 10-12 hr batteries with gameboy and stuff, so when psp and 3ds came out, they were understanably upset. but a short battery life doesnt make it a bad system.

and with that, im done talking about the 3ds and batteries. GET. OVER. IT.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: feyd666 on August 15, 2012, 01:00:22 PM
whatever you say.... because they use some of the same music in a couple vids, you think its all the same?
the DS new mario had that music, then Wii mario used it again, but were they the same?
They're the same.
Quotei get a good 6 hrs from my 3ds
I can't even break 4 hours playing GBA games on a 3DS, so I highly doubt a fully 3D game could even approach 6 hours. Especially when the official estimates are half that. goonish

Quoteas for the 3ds library? its still growing, so time will tell. yes it had a terrible launch, but its getting better.
There's uh Luigi's Mansion and a passable-looking Castlevania and I think that's about it. Nobody's throwing it any support and for good reason.[quotebut a short battery life doesnt make it a bad system. [/quote]A short battery life sure as hell makes it a bad handheld. What's the point of making a portable when you can only use it at home near a plug? akudood;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

TooB

Quote from: Pancake Persona on August 15, 2012, 01:06:43 PM
They're the same.I can't even break 4 hours playing GBA games on a 3DS, so I highly doubt a fully 3D game could even approach 6 hours. Especially when the official estimates are half that. goonish
There's uh Luigi's Mansion and a passable-looking Castlevania and I think that's about it. Nobody's throwing it any support and for good reason.[quotebut a short battery life doesnt make it a bad system. A short battery life sure as hell makes it a bad handheld. What's the point of making a portable when you can only use it at home near a plug? akudood;

btw, you play monster hunter? that says a lot right there...
and you cant paly GBA games on a 3ds.... so what are you talking about, are you just making up arguments now?

TooB

until you make a better handheld, keep it to yourself

silvertone

Quote from: feyd666 on August 15, 2012, 12:04:27 PM
frankly, i dont want a port of MM.
id rather have original games for the system. that was the main problem with the 3ds's launch...
too many ports of existing games, mostly from the n64. thats not a good thing.
yeah i understand This, it just i want to play mm and i think it just too expensive to buy a Dead System just for 1 game that probably costs too much on it.

but i think my cousin is giving me marjoas mask and a n64. so if he does than i will contact nintendo and tell them to cancel the port.

TooB

Quote from: gumy on August 15, 2012, 01:10:56 PM
yeah i understand This, it just i want to play mm and i think it just too expensive to buy a Dead System just for 1 game that probably costs too much on it.

but i think my cousin is giving me marjoas mask and a n64. so if he does than i will contact nintendo and tell them to cancel the port.

oh... god.... the system isnt dead.... what is with the gaming community today?

silvertone

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: feyd666 on August 15, 2012, 01:08:15 PM
what's the problem with playing monster hunter

Quoteand you cant paly GBA games on a 3ds.... so what are you talking about, are you just making up arguments now?

I got out my 3DS just for you.

TooB

Quote from: Pancake Persona on August 15, 2012, 01:17:06 PM
what's the problem with playing monster hunter

I got out my 3DS just for you.

cuz monster hunter sux....
and ok fine, so you hacked your 3ds. there's your problem then with battery

Quote from: gumy on August 15, 2012, 01:17:04 PM
they still make games for n64?

oh i thought you meant buying 3ds for MM....

Snowy

Quote from: feyd666 on August 15, 2012, 01:08:15 PM
and you cant paly GBA games on a 3ds.... so what are you talking about, are you just making up arguments now?
ambassador games, bro. I have GBA games on mine too lol.
Quote from: feyd666 on August 15, 2012, 01:19:28 PM
cuz monster hunter sux....
YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH akudood;

Go Up