May 01, 2024, 03:30:13 PM

1,531,648 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on August 06, 2012, 12:04:59 AM
Uncharted on crushing mode isn't that hard.

I remember I just waited behind corners for the enemies to run to me half the time. hocuspocus;

they don't usually do this, though

almost every single enemy that's not a zombie thing will maintain its position and shoot at you from behind cover

...in all three games

generally only a couple in a large group are programmed to charge you, sometimes they have shotguns

Kalahari Inkantation

Samus Aran

also, there are a few specific parts in uncharted that are a complete bitch on crushing

like the part where you drop down into a flooded room and guys spawn on every side of you, making that tactic actually the worst idea ever. this is my most hated part of the game.

and then the fucking jetski asinine bullshit dear god WHOSE IDEA WAS THE STUPID JETSKI

Snowy

Quote from: Rumia on August 05, 2012, 09:25:02 PM
you should do the operation anchorage add-on sometime when you've still got plenty of other stuff to do, if you want to make use of the amazing gear you get for beating it

of course, one of the armors you get from it sort of breaks the game...
Which quest do I do to start that one? confuseddood; I have 3 more DLC quests to start.

Wrench

Quote from: Tectite on August 06, 2012, 12:26:45 AM
I know. cry;

hopefully i''ll have better luck with uncharted 2 sillydood;

Tough parts of U2:
Fucking helicopter
2nd fucking helicopter
Guardians
Lazarabitch
Last 5 or so Chapters really

Wrench

Snowy

Quote from: CM Wrench on August 06, 2012, 07:25:28 AM
Tough parts of U2:
Fucking helicopter
2nd fucking helicopter
Guardians
Lazarabitch
Last 5 or so Chapters really
I had more trouble with people on the train than I did with the Helicopter.

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Wrench

Quote from: максвелл on August 06, 2012, 08:30:24 AM
I had more trouble with people on the train than I did with the Helicopter.

Helicopter only made things worse

TooB

Im continuing earthbound, as just need to say this,
Inventory Management in that game is a BITCH.
I swear, that is like the ONE thing wrong with that game.

Samus Aran

Quote from: feyd666 on August 06, 2012, 02:46:29 PM
Im continuing earthbound, as just need to say this,
Inventory Management in that game is a BITCH.
I swear, that is like the ONE thing wrong with that game.

use escargo express a lot. use it to get rid of "key items" that you don't need any more. really, the only key item i would suggest keeping on you is the franklin badge (put it in paula's inventory).

i mean you have to keep the map, the receiver phone, and the sound stone. the pencil eraser (and its later equivalents) are not really necessary to keep on you at all times, although you might want to if you don't want to have to face the possibility of discovering a statue you need to erase with no quick way back to a phone to call escargo express to get it back.

have ness and paula hang onto most of your recovery items (mostly paula), and give jeff any offensive items. especially since only he can use bottle rockets. also keep broken items in his inventory, of course.

i doubt you have poo yet but once you do, you can keep more food in his inventory.

just sell/abandon any lesser healing items and of course always sell old equipment (unless it's a key one like jeff's first gun, get rid of it with escargo express in that case)

i also really suggest not keeping things like defense sprays or mostly useless offensive items like insecticides, rust promoters, or even bombs. bombs seem good early on, but tbh your normal and psi attacks are usually better

also, bit of advice: don't equip ness with anything but bats. his high guts rating will cause him to SMAAAASH more than anyone else, but only with bats. besides, slingshots and yo-yos miss a lot.

TooB

Quote from: Rumia on August 06, 2012, 03:01:13 PM
use escargo express a lot. use it to get rid of "key items" that you don't need any more. really, the only key item i would suggest keeping on you is the franklin badge (put it in paula's inventory).

i mean you have to keep the map, the receiver phone, and the sound stone. the pencil eraser (and its later equivalents) are not really necessary to keep on you at all times, although you might want to if you don't want to have to face the possibility of discovering a statue you need to erase with no quick way back to a phone to call escargo express to get it back.

have ness and paula hang onto most of your recovery items (mostly paula), and give jeff any offensive items. especially since only he can use bottle rockets. also keep broken items in his inventory, of course.

i doubt you have poo yet but once you do, you can keep more food in his inventory.

just sell/abandon any lesser healing items and of course always sell old equipment (unless it's a key one like jeff's first gun, get rid of it with escargo express in that case)

i also really suggest not keeping things like defense sprays or mostly useless offensive items like insecticides, rust promoters, or even bombs. bombs seem good early on, but tbh your normal and psi attacks are usually better

also, bit of advice: don't equip ness with anything but bats. his high guts rating will cause him to SMAAAASH more than anyone else, but only with bats. besides, slingshots and yo-yos miss a lot.

yeah thats good advice, but you know what i mean right? having to call someone each time to get of only 3 things at a time..
i wish it was more like Dragon quests item system, where each charcter has a number of items slots, but there is also a communal item menu and its usually big enough

Samus Aran

Quote from: feyd666 on August 06, 2012, 03:05:53 PM
yeah thats good advice, but you know what i mean right? having to call someone each time to get of only 3 things at a time..
i wish it was more like Dragon quests item system, where each charcter has a number of items slots, but there is also a communal item menu and its usually big enough

yeah, it's definitely a bit troublesome

but honestly, you don't need most of the items in the game, as most of your healing will be done with PSI Lifeup

i rarely fill up with items because i simply sell a lot of what i find

by the way, there's an item that allows you to sell other items anywhere. it's the "for sale sign" and you get it at the park in twoson. it's pretty useful.

TooB

Quote from: Rumia on August 06, 2012, 03:08:34 PM
yeah, it's definitely a bit troublesome

but honestly, you don't need most of the items in the game, as most of your healing will be done with PSI Lifeup

i rarely fill up with items because i simply sell a lot of what i find

by the way, there's an item that allows you to sell other items anywhere. it's the "for sale sign" and you get it at the park in twoson. it's pretty useful.

how do you get that? just go to the park and find it?

Placebo Headwound

MY love for all things Shin Megami Tensei means I'm definitely picking up Persona 4: The Arena tomorrow. giggle;

Go Up