May 08, 2024, 09:54:27 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Thyme

TooB

hey i never had a chance to play the thing until about a year ago when I got my laptop, and its hard to play games on that thing, because I have to lean over my desk to play it, never could own it cuz greedy bastards want upwards of 200 dollars for it, so youll forgive me for not beating it yet.

im working on it though srsly

TooB

Quote from: Snowy on July 25, 2012, 10:39:45 AM
Nigga I played it in Japanese my 1st time around [spoiler]and loved it[/spoiler]

I'm buying a cart this summer

well i dont have the money to blow on a earthbound cart  and Im not gonna waste time reading a translation while playing. im not that desperate, but i do have the rom, i will play it.
Ive always wanted to

Snowy

Quote from: feyd666 on July 25, 2012, 10:42:32 AM
well i dont have the money to blow on a earthbound cart  and Im not gonna waste time reading a translation while playing. im not that desperate, but i do have the rom, i will play it.
Ive always wanted to
[spoiler]I didn't use any translation stuff cry;[/spoiler]

TooB

Quote from: Snowy on July 25, 2012, 10:43:57 AM
[spoiler]I didn't use any translation stuff cry;[/spoiler]

well ok. but i cant play an rpg without understanding the story cuz than otherwise, whats the point?
besides, growing up, i didnt have any means of obtaining even an import copy, but since its a text heavy rpg, why would I want an import? ya know?

Snowy

Quote from: feyd666 on July 25, 2012, 10:46:32 AM
well ok. but i cant play an rpg without understanding the story cuz than otherwise, whats the point?
besides, growing up, i didnt have any means of obtaining even an import copy, but since its a text heavy rpg, why would I want an import? ya know?
I completely understand goowan

I got MOTHER 1+2 because I had not other option (and no SNES goowan). I ended up using a guide and a lot of guessing to get through it, and then watched an LP for the english version. I recently got a SNES, so now I'm trying to hunt down a cart.

TooB

Quote from: Snowy on July 25, 2012, 10:48:57 AM
I completely understand goowan

I got MOTHER 1+2 because I had not other option (and no SNES goowan). I ended up using a guide and a lot of guessing to get through it, and then watched an LP for the english version. I recently got a SNES, so now I'm trying to hunt down a cart.

yeah.... I want a cart too, so that I can play it the real way, on a tv, in my chair, with soda.
but i just dont have the money that these people want.
I still want someone to justify it costing the same amount as a portable gaming console.

TooB

My other problem with the amount it costs, is that its a cartridge, even if the seller says it works, whos to say theyre telling the truth, or even if it works for them, it might not for you, ya know?

Snowy

Yeah, I understand. I've have pretty good luck with buying used SNES game through Amazon, so I'll probably order one through that again. I mean, $200 is a lot for a single game, but it's probably my favorite RPG I've ever played so I can justify paying that.

TooB

Quote from: Snowy on July 25, 2012, 10:57:08 AM
Yeah, I understand. I've have pretty good luck with buying used SNES game through Amazon, so I'll probably order one through that again. I mean, $200 is a lot for a single game, but it's probably my favorite RPG I've ever played so I can justify paying that.

right. but i just cant yet. one day though, maybe ill get lucky like I did when I found Chrono Trigger for 5 bucks at Dimple records

Snowy

Quote from: feyd666 on July 25, 2012, 11:06:45 AM
I found Chrono Trigger for 5 bucks at Dimple records
wat

lucky :(

Though, I might not get EarthBound, seeing as I have a MOTHER 2 cart.

I love the game to death, but I still have yet to finish it in english.

ME##

Hiro

Quote from: Snowy on July 25, 2012, 04:35:20 AM
I remember GTAIV being long. I think it took me roughly 28 hours to finish it. [spoiler]I beat it in 2 or 3 days[/spoiler]
it is long, I have something like 45 hours in the file i'm in right now, where i've been doing story stuff

Quote from: Thyme on July 25, 2012, 06:28:23 AM
i beat it in a couple of months 5thgrade;
i've owned the game for about 2.5 years now and i've yet to beat it goowan
although really i started a save in april or may, and i couldn't play it throughout june

Quote from: Dovydas on July 25, 2012, 12:06:17 PM
same here

i was mostly unimpressed by it
but what does impress you lol

Hiro

also I've never even played earthbound and I'm sure most people who play games haven't
I have gotten a couple hours into mother 3 though

and thyme, that's nowhere near on the same level as link being the main character of zelda

Thyme

Quote from: Creep Scanner on July 25, 2012, 02:48:03 PM
and thyme, that's nowhere near on the same level as link being the main character of zelda

oh come on grant
this is only slightly less facetious than me86 pretending to be homophobic baddood;

Go Up