May 08, 2024, 03:31:40 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Snowy

Quote from: Tectite on July 23, 2012, 06:19:56 PM
[spoiler]the good one

who cares about kate rofl y/n[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I did the same thing. Did you kill the guy you were hunting (I forget his name, but I think you find him by an airport)?[/spoiler]

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

i didn't kill him at first but after the cut scene i ran over him

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Snowy on July 23, 2012, 07:57:14 PM
[spoiler]I did the same thing. Did you kill the guy you were hunting (I forget his name, but I think you find him by an airport)?[/spoiler]

i let him live lol

i let everyone live

Hiro

Quote from: Tectite on July 23, 2012, 01:34:13 PM
it's really repetitive lol

and some of the major plot points seem illogical

it's certainly nowhere near bad, but at the very least, it's undeserving of its title as the highest rated game of this generation insultdood;

anyway, soon to be playing the lost and damned y/n
i guess the missions can be repetitive at times but idk gta's always been like that
plot points can be kind of off but for the most part i thought they were solid
also you seem to only be judging the missions here, instead of the whole free-roaming thing that takes up most of my playtime and is incredibly well-made

Quote from: feyd666 on July 23, 2012, 01:39:09 PM
GTA 4 right? my only real complaint is the terrible car handling and to a lesser extent, the character handling as well.
i know its supposed to be realistic, but it doesnt make the controls any better.
Saints Rows vehicle handling was so much better, i think SR series is a better game than GTA and deserved more praise than it got
i used to handle the car handling too but after a while you leanr how to use it and now I think i prefer it to the ps2 gtas in terms of driving
it does still have some issues at times though
character handling can be dumb especially when a car taps you and you fall over
gtaiv is amazing fuck you

Quote from: Tectite on July 23, 2012, 11:14:39 PM
i let him live lol

i let everyone live
i haven't been reading the spoilers since i've never beaten the story, but i've killed most of the people

Kalahari Inkantation

my other complaint is that after failing a mission, the game forces you to drive all the way to where it begins again which is frustrating and an absolute waste of time insultdood;

Quote from: Creep Scanner on July 24, 2012, 01:05:59 AM
also you seem to only be judging the missions here, instead of the whole free-roaming thing that takes up most of my playtime and is incredibly well-made

yes, i'm only talking about the main story, fuck;ing around is still highly enjoyable in gtaiv lol (i've probably spent at least 70% of my gtaiv time just being ~ mischievous ~)

Hiro

Quote from: Tectite on July 24, 2012, 01:16:34 AM
my other complaint is that after failing a mission, the game forces you to drive all the way to where it begins again which is frustrating and an absolute waste of time insultdood;
uh
um
you know they text you a retry option right?

Quote from: Tectite on July 24, 2012, 01:16:34 AM
yes, i'm only talking about the main story, fuck;ing around is still highly enjoyable in gtaiv lol (i've probably spent at least 70% of my gtaiv time just being ~ mischievous ~)
well that's still part of the game too  n_u

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Creep Scanner on July 24, 2012, 01:35:50 AM
uh
um
you know they text you a retry option right?

yes, but you're still forced to travel to where the main part of the mission begins lol (eg the retry option will put you back near the vehicle you're supposed to use to get character x from point a to point b at which there's a shootout or chase or w/e, but you still need to travel from point a to point b again, as opposed to having the retry option just put you right back at the beginning of the battle)

restarting this mission, for example, forces you to drive all the way back to the mansion with phil every single time, even though the action starts at the mansion itself:

[spoiler=potential spoils][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgvxrKHV2Rs[/youtube][/spoiler]

Snowy

Hiro

Quote from: Tectite on July 24, 2012, 02:00:39 AM
yes, but you're still forced to travel to where the main part of the mission begins lol (eg the retry option will put you back near the vehicle you're supposed to use to get character x from point a to point b at which there's a shootout or chase or w/e, but you still need to travel from point a to point b again, as opposed to having the retry option just put you right back at the beginning of the battle)

restarting this mission, for example, forces you to drive all the way back to the mansion with phil every single time, even though the action starts at the mansion itself:

[spoiler=potential spoils][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgvxrKHV2Rs[/youtube][/spoiler]
just as I read this I had to drive across town at the beginning of a mission as described  n_u
But yeah I'm not quite that far yet, according to walkthroughs I'm like 2/3rds of the way throug the game. I'm currently finishing up Derrick and Ray Boccino's missions. Also, it seems like all my things are happening in a very different order than other people  baddood;
...did I just spoil something serious for myself by looking at related videos on youtube? myface;

Snowy

I don't think you have to do all of them in a specific order. I did each story on their own, like I wouldn't do a mission for Roman and then one for someone else.

Hiro

Quote from: Snowy on July 24, 2012, 07:11:21 AM
I don't think you have to do all of them in a specific order. I did each story on their own, like I wouldn't do a mission for Roman and then one for someone else.
of course you don't have to do them in a specific order that would be stupid goonish
It was just weird in all the walkthroughs seeing certain events occur way earlier or way later than they did for me

TooB

gtaiv is amazing fuck you
[/quote]
Oh yeah, I still really like the game, but any great game has its flaws, and GTA does have a number.
But im happy with my purchase, recently got the complete edition for only 20 bucks.
thats more than worth it to me.

Hiro

what the fucking hell why do i go flying three times harder out of a motorcycle than if i were going the same speed in a car goonish

TooB

Quote from: Creep Scanner on July 24, 2012, 11:43:50 AM
what the fucking hell why do i go flying three times harder out of a motorcycle than if i were going the same speed in a car goonish

GTA physics....
srsly

Hiro

why did it decide i should have my grenades in a motorcycle chase instead of guns what the fuck i've spent six missions over in cab fare for this bullshit

Go Up