May 08, 2024, 12:59:53 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

ME##

about to play mass effect on the fratbox, i hope the text isn't unreadable  >_<'

Hiro

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on April 11, 2012, 10:33:01 PM
As a big fan of Shin Megami Tensei, I consider this one the worst released in the U.S. Mostly because of the godawful fuck up that was the fusion system and the amazingly large amount of grinding.
aw man I wanted to get that game eventually because it looked so damn cool

Snowy

Picking up Dark Souls (again :() tonight to play with some friends or a PSN card for P3.

don't let's

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on April 11, 2012, 10:33:01 PM
As a big fan of Shin Megami Tensei, I consider this one the worst released in the U.S. Mostly because of the godawful fuck up that was the fusion system and the amazingly large amount of grinding.
I still think it's fun. But yeah, I'm grinding right now. And the fusion system doesn't really bother me.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Dovydas on April 12, 2012, 12:30:06 PM
about to play mass effect on the fratbox, i hope the text isn't unreadable  >_<'

lol well why would it be if you have an hdtv

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Far Beyond Repair on April 12, 2012, 02:22:43 PM
I still think it's fun. But yeah, I'm grinding right now. And the fusion system doesn't really bother me.
The fusion system is broken because the skills your new demon inherits are always set in stone, with sources being the only way to guarantee you get a certain skill. The problem is, you never know what sources are actually worth getting and getting sources is an amazingly unnecessary time sink. It's damn near impossible to actually keep up with the challenges the game throws at you when you can barely do any customization without an extremely detailed knowledge of how the fusion system works. Once you get to Asura, the game ramps up extremely in difficulty and the flaws in the system become amazingly obvious.

don't let's

Yeah I never bother with any of that unless the fusion is going to get rid of skill I currently like/use a lot. And even then you can just pay to get your demon back if you register before hand right? And anyways there's probably some sort of database online that somebody created for all of this by now.

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Far Beyond Repair on April 12, 2012, 10:37:14 PM
Yeah I never bother with any of that unless the fusion is going to get rid of skill I currently like/use a lot. And even then you can just pay to get your demon back if you register before hand right? And anyways there's probably some sort of database online that somebody created for all of this by now.
If you don't fuse, your demons will become worthless because they have literally 6-10x more exp needed to level up than your protagonist. The game will punish you severely if you refuse to use the fusion system. So you end up being unable to get level appropriate demons with the skills you need unless you seriously know what you're doing.

Using password demons to bypass all of that crap was the only way I had any fun with the game.

Placebo Headwound

Most of the problems I said don't really pop up until around mid-game when you absolutely need certain skills/demon types to stand a chance.

Also around mid-game the dungeon designs become incredibly annoying.

don't let's

I do fuse, but I put little to no thought into it. I obviously try to not to fuse something of a lower level though.

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Far Beyond Repair on April 12, 2012, 11:15:30 PM
I do fuse, but I put little to no thought into it.
This is something that will screw you over in every Shin Megami Tensei game, just so you know. It really doesn't matter at the point of the game you're up to, but you definitely need to keep a relatively balanced team with you most of the time.

don't let's

I do try to keep it balanced. Currently making my way through Delphinus

Placebo Headwound

You're right before the first difficult boss. Get fire resistant demons or you won't stand a chance. giggle;

Snowy

So I started playing Dark Souls again last night.

Made it to Anor Lando and got the Lord Vessel. giggle;

Going to try to kill Sif today/tonight.

Go Up