May 08, 2024, 09:01:14 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: Kefka on January 12, 2012, 02:13:03 PM
idk
maybe ghouldood;

speaking of Ace Attorney games
have you finished the first one yet kaz

nah i still haven't started the last case

i'll probably get to it after i finish castlevania iv tonight

ME##

Samus Aran

Just beat Super Castlevania IV.

What a fucking fantastic game. It looks gorgeous, with a ridiculous amount of detail, and is at times beautifully atmospheric. There's this one part right after you beat Death, and you go down this hallway toward Dracula, and these torches light up as you go, with this creepy music playing, and it just creates this perfect atmosphere before the final showdown. The mechanics are absolutely phenomenal...being able to swing your whip in 8 directions, and even using the whip as a grappling hook and a shield at times. The stairs are actually manageable, and the enemies provide a perfect, fair challenge...for the most part. You just feel so IN CONTROL of Simon in a way that the previous three games could not manage. And the MUSIC.

cry;

Thyme

Quote from: Kaz on January 12, 2012, 05:38:10 PM
Just beat Super Castlevania IV.

What a fucking fantastic game. It looks gorgeous, with a ridiculous amount of detail, and is at times beautifully atmospheric. There's this one part right after you beat Death, and you go down this hallway toward Dracula, and these torches light up as you go, with this creepy music playing, and it just creates this perfect atmosphere before the final showdown. The mechanics are absolutely phenomenal...being able to swing your whip in 8 directions, and even using the whip as a grappling hook and a shield at times. The stairs are actually manageable, and the enemies provide a perfect, fair challenge...for the most part. You just feel so IN CONTROL of Simon in a way that the previous three games could not manage. And the MUSIC.

cry;

but it's not a metroidvania so it sucks actually cry;

Nyerp

i think i played a few levels of that and the stairs were still pretty shitty iirc????

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on January 12, 2012, 05:40:12 PM
i think i played a few levels of that and the stairs were still pretty shitty iirc????

nope

enemies don't really attack you on stairs anymore, you don't have to hold up to go up them, hell you can even go up them backwards if you feel like moonwalking. and you can drop off of them if you feel like it with down+b, or jump onto stairs from another platform by simply holding up in midair.

i mean yeah the stair mechanics are old casltevania-ey in that they're sort of weird and you have to get used to them, but they're far easier to manage than in the previous games and they're not used for cheap deaths in this one like they were in castlevania iii.

Samus Aran

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Snowy on January 12, 2012, 06:35:37 PM
but that takes all the fun out of it

I agree, especially for such a perfectly linear game. awdood;

Kalahari Inkantation

Nyerp

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Kalahari Inkantation

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Kalahari Inkantation

It's not really a puzzle game, but it's so linear that using a guide to get through the only interactive parts just seems to kind of defeat the purpose. befuddlement

Go Up