May 01, 2024, 11:53:45 AM

1,531,648 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kaz on January 06, 2012, 01:47:36 AM
tonight, i reinforced my opinion that ecco the dolphin is unplayable

and learned that its sequel is only a little bit more playable except when in a 3d part because those parts suck although they are very pretty
it's difficult, but not unplayable

i think the biggest issue is with the genesis's shitty controller

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

Samus Aran

Quote from: <sub>Pancake</sub> <sup>Persona</sup> on January 08, 2012, 10:26:42 AM
it's difficult, but not unplayable

i think the biggest issue is with the genesis's shitty controller

i actually generally think that the genesis controller is fine, but it's not really good enough to deal with the fluid 8-direction control that ecco attempts to use

i don't know, i think "difficult" is an understatement. it's an overly demanding game that expects you to do too much with no real fun to be had. it's a very cool atmospheric game that looks and sounds gorgeous (as well as strangely creepy), but...beyond that, i'll avoid it.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kaz on January 08, 2012, 01:21:13 PM
i actually generally think that the genesis controller is fine, but it's not really good enough to deal with the fluid 8-direction control that ecco attempts to use

i don't know, i think "difficult" is an understatement. it's an overly demanding game that expects you to do too much with no real fun to be had. it's a very cool atmospheric game that looks and sounds gorgeous (as well as strangely creepy), but...beyond that, i'll avoid it.
yeah, the air and food meters are real pains in the ass, but there's a reason they made ecco a dolphin and not a submarine

I think it's a pretty good game, but it's primarily a victim of its time period. A more modern version with all the same concepts but better controls and less intense management of your bodily functions would be great.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Hiro

1) well shit I guess my copy of mvc3 is useless for online play now, fuck that
2) I don't see any of those me2 spoilers as spoilers as those are player decisions not major plot twists or whatever
3) having played ecco on genesis AND gba i can say it's not the genesis's controller, that game is fucking hard as shit to control

Samus Aran

Quote from: <sub>Pancake</sub> <sup>Persona</sup> on January 08, 2012, 02:59:31 PM
yeah, the air and food meters are real pains in the ass, but there's a reason they made ecco a dolphin and not a submarine

I think it's a pretty good game, but it's primarily a victim of its time period. A more modern version with all the same concepts but better controls and less intense management of your bodily functions would be great.

I agree, a NEW Ecco could be wonderful, especially if it's as atmospheric as the old ones are. Analog stick control would benefit Ecco a great deal.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Hiroglyph on January 08, 2012, 04:51:35 PM
2) I don't see any of those me2 spoilers as spoilers as those are player decisions not major plot twists or whateverl

i feel the same way, it's actually kind of hard to spoil me2 lol

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hiroglyph on January 08, 2012, 04:51:35 PM
1) well shit I guess my copy of mvc3 is useless for online play now, fuck that

i still have the original mvc3 as well, so not entirely.

Samus Aran

Oh, I forgot I came in here to post what I bought just now.

Axelay (SNES)
Illusion of Gaia (SNES)
Lightening Force (Genesis)
Darius Gaiden (Saturn)

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

Commander Fuckass

probably buying Ace Attorney Investigations later today

new  giggle;
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Kefka on January 09, 2012, 12:39:13 PM

new  giggle;
bought this

reserved Resident Evil: Revelations

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Kefka on January 09, 2012, 12:39:13 PM

new  giggle;
I wish they would release the second game in the U.S.

Guess I'll just have to wait for the English patch. :(

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on January 10, 2012, 03:38:12 AM
I wish they would release the second game in the U.S.

Guess I'll just have to wait for the English patch. :(
When I play it more and more I wish they would release the second one in the U.S. too :'(

it's such a good game

don't let's

Started going through AoE III: The WarChiefs campaign again

Go Up