May 03, 2024, 07:47:11 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Azunyan on December 19, 2011, 06:43:14 PM
Beat Life Force. Anticlimactic final battle, just like any Gradius game.
i thought the final level in life force was better than pretty much any gradius

also, have you played gradius v yet

the final level is neat (but still disappointing) but the game overall is a wannabe bullet hell with all the frustrations of gradius

it's one of the most beautiful games ever but one of the most immensely frustrating shmups i have ever played

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

Quote from: Pancake Persona on December 20, 2011, 01:42:42 AM
i thought the final level in life force was better than pretty much any gradius

also, have you played gradius v yet

the final level is neat (but still disappointing) but the game overall is a wannabe bullet hell with all the frustrations of gradius

it's one of the most beautiful games ever but one of the most immensely frustrating shmups i have ever played

nope not yet, it's one of the next shmups i want though. but i think first i'm gonna get raiden iv and lightening force.

ME##

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Azunyan on December 20, 2011, 04:25:13 AM
nope not yet, it's one of the next shmups i want though. but i think first i'm gonna get raiden iv and lightening force.
raiden is a very mediocre series

lightening force is a major inspiration in every game i've ever started making, shmup or not. it's probably the most well designed game i've ever played, from the levels to the graphics to the music to the weapons to the boss design to the control system etc. the levels feel relatively cinematic at times, which is especially impressive given the time period

also, if you haven't done so, get the current humble bundle and play jamestown. it's not the best shmup ever, but it's pretty damn good and i'd give it a good 8/10

also, gradius galaxies for the gba is surprisingly good

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

Quote from: Dovydas on December 20, 2011, 04:25:36 AM
today, i finish ww smithicide;

FUCKING FINALLY AWESOME

Quote from: Pancake Persona on December 20, 2011, 04:30:58 AM
raiden is a very mediocre series

lightening force is a major inspiration in every game i've ever started making, shmup or not. it's probably the most well designed game i've ever played, from the levels to the graphics to the music to the weapons to the boss design to the control system etc. the levels feel relatively cinematic at times, which is especially impressive given the time period

also, if you haven't done so, get the current humble bundle and play jamestown. it's not the best shmup ever, but it's pretty damn good and i'd give it a good 8/10

also, gradius galaxies for the gba is surprisingly good

well, i want to try the series either way and i figured i could use at least one current-gen shmup. i don't have a single one yet.

and yeah lightening force just looks amazing. i've seen gameplay, watched the cgr review, etc...and it looks like it just completely blows every other sidescrolling shmup from the 16-bit era out of the water. i find this interesting because to be honest i'm not the biggest fan of thunder force ii and iii. ii is good, iii is better if you ask me, but lightening force appears to be a million times better.

also, we only got thunder force v on the ps1, huh? ugh. might want to just import the saturn version instead. but i'd need a japanese ps2 for thunder force vi so fuck that.

i am also looking to get two dreamcast shmups that i like the look of: mars matrix and giga wing. and then there's various japanese saturn shmups, namely donpachi and dodonpachi. oh and for an american saturn release, darius gaiden.

THERE ARE SO MANY. it's such a fun genre to collect.

ME##

Samus Aran

ncba93ivyase

thunder force ii sucks and this is a fact. it's nothing like the games that followed

thunder force iii is pretty cool, but it's not anywhere near as good as lightening force. still, it has some great music and weapons. i'd say i like it more than most gradiuses, although gradius ii is a bit better. gradius iv and gaiden are pretty good too

lightening force barely feels like it's from the same series because it suddenly jumped to absurd levels of quality and it's probably the best thing i've ever played

v takes a steep fall down but i'd say it's pretty close to how thunder force iii was, with good weapons but unmemorable levels and okay battles. the music is completely worthless compared to the previous games

and oh my god vi i don't even know what happened to it. some levels don't even really have music or anything. it feels like a pre-alpha goonish

Wrench

Been replaying God of War 1. Probably going to beat it within the next day or two. Then moving onto beating God of War 2 again. And finally, playing God of War 3 for the first time.

Thyme

i wanted to buy skyrim but they didn't have it at either stores i went to psyduck;

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Thyme Syndrome on December 20, 2011, 08:05:08 AM
i wanted to buy skyrim but they didn't have it at either stores i went to psyduck;
wow wtf goonish

where else could you go and get it thyme  saddood;

also I might buy Star Wars: The Old Republic later smithicide;
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Thyme

Quote from: Kefka on December 20, 2011, 08:17:13 AM
wow wtf goonish

where else could you go and get it thyme  saddood;

i'll try a few stores at the mall, but i'd need to use public transports and it would be $6 for a round trip

so tomorrow i'll wait for my mom to come back from work so she can lend me her pass

i have things to do this afternoon/evening so i have to wait for tomorrow

Thyme

plus thyme brother is sleeping right now so i wouldn't be able to play anyway madood;

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Thyme Syndrome on December 20, 2011, 08:22:22 AM
plus thyme brother is sleeping right now so i wouldn't be able to play anyway madood;
wow rude of thyme brother  madood;
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Go Up