May 08, 2024, 10:37:51 PM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: Tectrika on August 24, 2011, 02:31:33 PM
that's happened to me before but it's so infrequent that i'm not sure i'd consider it a real issue

honestly galaxy's controls are p. close to flawless n_u

yes, i think it's something you get used to pretty quickly if you just keep playing it, for one thing

it's honestly pretty surprising that the controls are as tight as they are, given how frequently the camera changes and you find yourself upside-down, sideways, and so on

Hiro

Actually the big problem I have in the mario galaxy games is with jumping. Sometimes I jump too far, other times not enough, and sometimes it's perfect but it just feels wrong, like it's too floaty or something, I don't know.
I don't think the controls are perfect.

Nyerp

i should probably go back and get at least 120 stars in smg >.<

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hiro on August 24, 2011, 02:38:27 PM
Actually the big problem I have in the mario galaxy games is with jumping. Sometimes I jump too far, other times not enough, and sometimes it's perfect but it just feels wrong, like it's too floaty or something, I don't know.
I don't think the controls are perfect.

It is floaty. It takes much longer to get up to a good running speed in order to make a good jump than it did in, say, Super Mario 64.

But...honestly, again, this is not as big of an issue as you're making it to be. The game rarely requires any particularly difficult feats of jumping from the player except for the optional green stars.

Hiro

Quote from: Suigintou on August 24, 2011, 02:44:12 PM
It is floaty. It takes much longer to get up to a good running speed in order to make a good jump than it did in, say, Super Mario 64.

But...honestly, again, this is not as big of an issue as you're making it to be. The game rarely requires any particularly difficult feats of jumping from the player except for the optional green stars.
i never said it was a huge problem, it's just not perfect. i find that to be a minor annoyance is all.

Kalahari Inkantation

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hiro on August 24, 2011, 02:45:50 PM
i never said it was a huge problem, it's just not perfect. i find that to be a minor annoyance is all.

well you called it a "big problem"

so...i figured you meant that it was a big problem. you know?

Hiro

Quote from: Suigintou on August 24, 2011, 02:54:37 PM
well you called it a "big problem"

so...i figured you meant that it was a big problem. you know?
i just meant my main problem. it's not that big, but it was the biggest.

Samus Aran

Hippopo

Quote from: Suigintou on August 24, 2011, 02:19:56 PM
either way, it's not a big deal and not really something worth complaining about n_u
I'm not complaining in the same sense that you're not complaining, but I do stand by my statement that it's awkward.  I'll just have to get used to it.

Wrench

Quote from: Suigintou on August 24, 2011, 07:27:16 PM
just got startropics and 3d dot game heroes baddood;

fuck yes fuck yes fuck yes fuck yes

Star Tropics might be my all time favorite video game. Even the sequel is amazing. I really wish Nintendo would bring it back.

Samus Aran

Quote from: CM Wrench on August 25, 2011, 06:49:58 AM
fuck yes fuck yes fuck yes fuck yes

Star Tropics might be my all time favorite video game. Even the sequel is amazing. I really wish Nintendo would bring it back.

that would be cool i guess

either way, it DOES have a sequel, also on the nes. i can't vouch for its quality though as i've never played it.

Wrench

Quote from: Suigintou on August 25, 2011, 01:29:00 PM
that would be cool i guess

either way, it DOES have a sequel, also on the nes. i can't vouch for its quality though as i've never played it.

I am a proud owner of both Star Tropics and Zoda's Revenge <3

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Andria

Go Up