May 05, 2024, 11:09:28 PM

1,531,621 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hiro on August 23, 2011, 07:06:11 PM
I just went into this thread to say that I just bought a physical copy of FFIX on Amazon  baddood;

why is everyone buying this game suddenly lol

seriously though how'd you get a new copy for $5? last i checked the new copies went as low as $10

maybe you got lucky and found one seller that had just posted theirs and you snagged it right away

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Suigintou on August 24, 2011, 11:49:55 AM

seriously though how'd you get a new copy for $5? last i checked the new copies went as low as $10

maybe you got lucky and found one seller that had just posted theirs and you snagged it right away
I think he meant $5 more than the one on PSN since it's $5.99
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Samus Aran

Hippopo

I'm playing New Super Mario Bros Wii. Fun  giggle;

And I also started Super Mario Galaxy...  The first 30 minutes were exactly how I remembered it... Awkward controls and boring star locations.  I'll trust you guys though since this is only the beginning of the game, and I'll keep playing.

Nyerp

Hiro

I've actually been wanting this game for a while, probably since around christmastime. I just didn't have the money until now.

Commander Fuckass

because I wanted to play another FF game and because I've heard it was pretty good.

and I have VII and VIII so I bought IX
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Hippopo

Quote from: Nyerp on August 24, 2011, 12:38:29 PM
what in the fuck goonish
I had problems with mario going the direction I wanted on smaller, more angular planets.  saddood;

Nyerp

Quote from: Hippopo on August 24, 2011, 01:02:13 PM
I had problems with mario going the direction I wanted on smaller, more angular planets.  saddood;

that's your fault goonish

Hippopo

Quote from: Nyerp on August 24, 2011, 01:09:56 PM
sry i sux so much :'(

[spoiler]But I actually do suck at 3d platformers myface;[/spoiler]

silvertone

I have trouble with the planets in mario galaxy!!!! [insert green smiling thumbs up man here]

Hiro

Quote from: Nyerp on August 24, 2011, 12:38:29 PM
what in the fuck goonish
no i kind of agree with that, the small planets make everything feel off when you're going sideways or upside-down

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on August 24, 2011, 01:09:56 PM

this actually does happen though, the directionals will change a little faster than one might expect. the disorientation is caused partially by the fact that not all games do this. sometimes in games when there's camera/gravity/whatever changes, if you keep holding the direction you were going, you'll keep going the way you want UNTIL you let go. in mario galaxy, you are obligated to change what direction you are pushing the analog stick immediately upon camera/gravity/whatever changes.

i don't mind the disorientation most of the time because i think the effect is very cool, but there are some times where i've gotten hurt because of it or something.

either way, it's not a big deal and not really something worth complaining about n_u

Nyerp

Kalahari Inkantation

that's happened to me before but it's so infrequent that i'm not sure i'd consider it a real issue

honestly galaxy's controls are p. close to flawless n_u

Go Up