June 20, 2024, 08:17:26 AM

1,531,269 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Snowy

Hiro

Quote from: Tectite on July 24, 2012, 02:00:39 AM
yes, but you're still forced to travel to where the main part of the mission begins lol (eg the retry option will put you back near the vehicle you're supposed to use to get character x from point a to point b at which there's a shootout or chase or w/e, but you still need to travel from point a to point b again, as opposed to having the retry option just put you right back at the beginning of the battle)

restarting this mission, for example, forces you to drive all the way back to the mansion with phil every single time, even though the action starts at the mansion itself:

[spoiler=potential spoils][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgvxrKHV2Rs[/youtube][/spoiler]
just as I read this I had to drive across town at the beginning of a mission as described  n_u
But yeah I'm not quite that far yet, according to walkthroughs I'm like 2/3rds of the way throug the game. I'm currently finishing up Derrick and Ray Boccino's missions. Also, it seems like all my things are happening in a very different order than other people  baddood;
...did I just spoil something serious for myself by looking at related videos on youtube? myface;

Snowy

I don't think you have to do all of them in a specific order. I did each story on their own, like I wouldn't do a mission for Roman and then one for someone else.

Hiro

Quote from: Snowy on July 24, 2012, 07:11:21 AM
I don't think you have to do all of them in a specific order. I did each story on their own, like I wouldn't do a mission for Roman and then one for someone else.
of course you don't have to do them in a specific order that would be stupid goonish
It was just weird in all the walkthroughs seeing certain events occur way earlier or way later than they did for me

TooB

gtaiv is amazing fuck you
[/quote]
Oh yeah, I still really like the game, but any great game has its flaws, and GTA does have a number.
But im happy with my purchase, recently got the complete edition for only 20 bucks.
thats more than worth it to me.

Hiro

what the fucking hell why do i go flying three times harder out of a motorcycle than if i were going the same speed in a car goonish

TooB

Quote from: Creep Scanner on July 24, 2012, 11:43:50 AM
what the fucking hell why do i go flying three times harder out of a motorcycle than if i were going the same speed in a car goonish

GTA physics....
srsly

Hiro

why did it decide i should have my grenades in a motorcycle chase instead of guns what the fuck i've spent six missions over in cab fare for this bullshit

Kalahari Inkantation

TooB

Quote from: Tectite on July 24, 2012, 12:08:30 PM
gtaiv's wacky fissics are what make it enjoyable srsly

true.... except when you are actually trying to complete missions srsly

Kalahari Inkantation

Hiro

[spoiler]so do i kill francis or derrick  baddood;[/spoiler]
[spoiler]obviously francis right?[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Creep Scanner on July 24, 2012, 12:31:52 PM
[spoiler]so do i kill francis or derrick  baddood;[/spoiler]