April 27, 2024, 07:22:25 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

YPrrrr

I bought FIFA 20 for its bundesliga improvements

Time to edit rosters so Jovic and Rebic never left Frankfurt </3

Nyerp

banjoo-tooie is slow and boring. am i allowed to say that?

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on March 08, 2020, 05:18:59 PMbanjoo-tooie is slow and boring. am i allowed to say that?

Hell yes

Nyerp

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on March 08, 2020, 06:52:04 PMjolly roger lagoon got me like

god, that world. it's actually not even my least favorite though, that's easily grunty industries.

Quote from: Nyerp on March 08, 2020, 05:18:59 PMbanjoo-tooie is slow and boring. am i allowed to say that?

yeah. compared to kazooie, it really is. there are still certain things about tooie i really love, like a lot of the theming and the new abilities, and i think terrydactyland and hailfire peaks are neat as  hell, but most of the game's worlds are simply too big and there's too much dead air. and some parts of the game are actually downright confusing, ESPECIALLY grunty industries.

it's crazy how much better kazooie is than tooie lol, and it all really comes down to "less is more." i really respect what they tried to do with tooie, but it's overkill.

Samus Aran

that being said, i still like the game a lot overall, but it's no wonder i've only played all the way through tooie like 3 or 4 times, whereas i've played all the way through kazooie like 20 times

C.Mongler

oh absolutely. tooie has aged like absolute dog shit IMO; i think maybe it was exciting at the time but by modern standards its kinda lame. kazooie is a way tighter experience in almost every conceivable way.
it's a fine game still, but it pales to the OG

Samus Aran

yeah, "exciting at the time" is a good description of tooie. back then, the idea of KAZOOIE BUT BIGGER was actually really enticing, and ngl, it definitely warped my perspective of the game as a kid. i used to think it was better than kazooie, simply because it was bigger. "it's the same game but there's more of it, so how could it be anything but better?"

AAAAAAAA

Samus Aran

honestly even as an ill-informed kid, i didn't like dk64 very much. but i didn't play that much of it either. planning on getting around to that at some point here, i got a copy of it a few months ago

6M69I69B9

Well, I imported Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training for Nintendo Switch and I've been actually seeking out a game that can just mentally wake up me up everyday...despite me mostly doing it during the evening after work lmao. 

Regardless, I have a bunch of fun with this game- when I was in elementary school, we'd have like time attack addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division sorts of tests at the start of each day.  I loved Brain Age and its sequel- I used to actually play them on the regular when I was younger.  Though, I stopped and nothing has every filled that void until very recently, about a month and a half ago I just purchased it.  I'm actually not sure why they haven't bothered with localizing it to the US.  But when you participate in global events, they show the US flag regardless of it being a UK copy, so that's pretty cool. 

I love the 25x problems trial the most and play it daily- the only one I've played daily- aside from the Brain Age trial.  I have 17.31s as my fastest.  Really want to try for a 15 or even sub 15.  The Japanese are crazy with this game though, top 100 had 10s-12s for the previous top 100 global event.  I started this little journey on February 1st, and haven't missed a day so far. 

Also comes with a nifty stylus. 
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

strongbad

Quote from: 6M69I69B9 on March 11, 2020, 12:27:45 AMWell, I imported Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training for Nintendo Switch and I've been actually seeking out a game that can just mentally wake up me up everyday...despite me mostly doing it during the evening after work lmao. 

Regardless, I have a bunch of fun with this game- when I was in elementary school, we'd have like time attack addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division sorts of tests at the start of each day.  I loved Brain Age and its sequel- I used to actually play them on the regular when I was younger.  Though, I stopped and nothing has every filled that void until very recently, about a month and a half ago I just purchased it.  I'm actually not sure why they haven't bothered with localizing it to the US.  But when you participate in global events, they show the US flag regardless of it being a UK copy, so that's pretty cool. 

I love the 25x problems trial the most and play it daily- the only one I've played daily- aside from the Brain Age trial.  I have 17.31s as my fastest.  Really want to try for a 15 or even sub 15.  The Japanese are crazy with this game though, top 100 had 10s-12s for the previous top 100 global event.  I started this little journey on February 1st, and haven't missed a day so far. 

Also comes with a nifty stylus. 
that's pretty fun- sounds like a good use of time

been playing a bit of SYNTHETIK on PC and i am pretty impressed

strongbad

currently stoked on ROUNDGUARD the PEGGLE ROGUELIKE

pretty awesome game

here's northernlion trying it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLc22GTrURM

TooB

C.Mongler

Go Up