April 28, 2024, 11:43:27 AM

1,531,646 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Nyerp

November 09, 2018, 01:37:26 AM #20625 Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 07:36:05 PM by Nyerp
i've now finished the mainline devil may cry series and have joined everyone else in the wait for dmc5. i'm ready!!!!!

Nyerp

i was going to play alice: madness returns but it comes free with the original american mcgee's alice, so i figured i'd play that first

...it's bad. it's really bad. it's not a hidden gem or a cult classic. it's just a shit game with horrible gameplay and level design. the aesthetic is dull "twisted fairytale" stuff you could find anywhere these days. it's unpleasant to look at, to hear, and to play. why does this have an 85 on metacritic?

also i just looked up american mcgee and found out he's a right-wing moron so now i regret even buying this

TooB

Lol

It has an 85 cuz it aged like a pc game

Nyerp

C.Mongler

Quote from: 6M69I69B9 on November 08, 2018, 06:49:52 PMlast time I used my switch was probably the same day i  first went to oregon
so 19 days i havent even turned it on, jesus if it weren't for smash it'd be dead to me
after that i never used it but just assumed it was deep in my drawer of my nightstand
though the day i decided to use it, or at least find it
i couldn't
30 minutes of searching in my small ass room
eventually i find it in a carrying case i never ever use- prob was thinking of bringing it to my trip but then decided against it then forgot about it

it's been charging but it's only been with the backlit screen with the energy bar w/ the charging symbol
i search online and read posts that i have to wait at minimum, 30 minutes
why
tbf based on your smash 4 match counts, do you care about any other games at all besides smash? lol
you've palyed a total of 25983 matches
if we give a pretty conservative 2 minute average per match, you've spent 51966 minutes playing smash matches
which simplifies to roughly 36 days
which means you've spent between 1-2 of the past 48 months playing nothing but smash, 24 hours a day.
i dont even spend that much time on eating breakfast

don't let's

Quote from: Nyerp on November 15, 2018, 07:25:28 PMi was going to play alice: madness returns but it comes free with the original american mcgee's alice, so i figured i'd play that first

...it's bad. it's really bad. it's not a hidden gem or a cult classic. it's just a shit game with horrible gameplay and level design. the aesthetic is dull "twisted fairytale" stuff you could find anywhere these days. it's unpleasant to look at, to hear, and to play. why does this have an 85 on metacritic?

also i just looked up american mcgee and found out he's a right-wing moron so now i regret even buying this

I mean, it's 18 years old so was all that new and fresh back then when I assume most/all the critic reviews were made?

Nyerp

i just can't see how this game was considered good 18 years ago. i guess the graphics were impressive, but there were already tons of 3d platformers with non-terrible controls back then. ocarina of time also had far superior melee combat. i'm not too familiar with the standards for third person shooter-esque gameplay back then, but were they really this low?

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on November 17, 2018, 05:55:40 PMi just can't see how this game was considered good 18 years ago. i guess the graphics were impressive, but there were already tons of 3d platformers with non-terrible controls back then. ocarina of time also had far superior melee combat. i'm not too familiar with the standards for third person shooter-esque gameplay back then, but were they really this low?

Yes.

Nyerp

Quote from: Big Goop on November 17, 2018, 08:35:41 PM
Quote from: Nyerp on November 17, 2018, 05:55:40 PMi just can't see how this game was considered good 18 years ago. i guess the graphics were impressive, but there were already tons of 3d platformers with non-terrible controls back then. ocarina of time also had far superior melee combat. i'm not too familiar with the standards for third person shooter-esque gameplay back then, but were they really this low?

Yes.
oh okay cool

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on November 17, 2018, 08:40:45 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on November 17, 2018, 08:35:41 PM

Yes.
oh okay cool

I still can't imagine you'd like it all that much, but I'd still recommend giving Madness Returns a shot.

Just look up what happened in the first or something. I played MR without ever touching the original

But who knows, you might enjoy it more than you think.

Nyerp

i think i'm near the end of the game so no sense in quitting now lol

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on November 17, 2018, 10:34:19 PMi think i'm near the end of the game so no sense in quitting now lol

oh

Nyerp

ugh turns out i was like 3 whole hours from the end. anyway, i hammered through the rest and now the task is finished. playing through this game was as fun as vacuuming and dusting every room in the house.

if i had to say something positive about it, i'd say that the story is almost cohesive and interesting, despite its poor execution.

C.Mongler

i just got a psvr, the creed and superhot bundle, with astro bot

god damn astro bot is fucking cute as fuck

and god damn superhot VR is fucking dope as hell even if i have punched my wall like 3 times playing it

strongbad

SHOULD I BUY SKYRIM SPECIAL EDITION FOR $20

i've never gotten into an ES game before (fallout 3 for maybe 8 hours is my closest comparison) but i feel like i could really have fun with this now

Go Up