April 27, 2024, 01:07:15 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Thyme

Kalahari Inkantation

YPrrrr

Quote from: 6M69I69B9 on October 26, 2018, 10:19:05 AM
Quote from: YPrrrr on October 26, 2018, 10:07:06 AM
Quote from: 6M69I69B9 on October 25, 2018, 12:33:48 AM
Quote from: 6M69I69B9 on October 24, 2018, 11:20:34 PMv glad i still got it in smash
lol nvm rusty

I played for the first time in forever the other day and I was overrunning everything

if you ever wanna play online id be down
and i think im going to try to hit up a local before smash 4 dies
Smash 4 is already dead to me but if you're gonna get Ultimate I am 100% down to be enraged by your duck hunt

Kalahari Inkantation

finished twd season 2 and as there's not much to say about the gameplay of an interactive visual novel all i can really comment on is its writing, which i can sum up in two points

>sarah dies and literally nobody cares
>11 year old girl takes a gunshot two inches from the heart and just walks it off within minutes

i mean just lol

it got off to a decent start, but every new character is less developed than the last and deaths are now becoming so cheap and meaningless that the story of twd is becoming more of a comedy than a tragedy

the only likable character left is clementine, and even she falls victim to weak writing as the season ends

the reviews for season 3 and beyond suggest that the series continues to limp along in mediocrity like this, but i've invested enough time into it now that i'd still be willing to play the remaining 1.5 seasons for no more than like $5 i guess

anyway, rdr undead nightmare next

Kalahari Inkantation

last purchased:

this month's humble bundle, overwhelmingly for hollow night but also for hitman 2k16 which is supposedly not terrible

steam currently has hollow night alone for $10, the bundle includes it and hitman for $12, so may as well spend the extra $2 for the bundle i guess

Kalahari Inkantation

last finished: rdr undead nightmare

it was great why hadn't i played it sooner

it's basically rdr distilled to only the most fun parts lol, and because it's not bound to reality like the base game is it gets pretty creative with wacky weapons and mounts which adds to the fun

playing this was an unfortunate reminder that on foot, marston has all the grace of a 400lb permadrunkard which makes entering buildings and navigating narrow hallways to find a bed for save/warp purposes insanely annoying, i do wish it were possible to save/warp from anywhere especially for that reason

but that's probably my only real complaint

9/10

Nyerp

played the demo for tetris effect and WOW i'm bad at tetris

Kalahari Inkantation

last obtained:

• resident evil revelations
  • destiny 2

meh

strongbad

Quote from: Nyerp on November 02, 2018, 06:48:29 PMplayed the demo for tetris effect and WOW i'm bad at tetris
damn i want that game

6M69I69B9

November 04, 2018, 12:59:47 AM #20619 Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 01:15:23 AM by 6M69I69B9
beat castlevania (with save states on 3ds lol, it is just such a pain to do memory fixated shit and stupid rng.  might do a run without save states when i have the time.)

moving on to simon's quest.

Quote from: YPrrrr on October 30, 2018, 04:41:27 AM
Quote from: 6M69I69B9 on October 26, 2018, 10:19:05 AM
Quote from: YPrrrr on October 26, 2018, 10:07:06 AM
Quote from: 6M69I69B9 on October 25, 2018, 12:33:48 AM
Quote from: 6M69I69B9 on October 24, 2018, 11:20:34 PMv glad i still got it in smash
lol nvm rusty

I played for the first time in forever the other day and I was overrunning everything

if you ever wanna play online id be down
and i think im going to try to hit up a local before smash 4 dies
h 4 is already dead to me but if you're gonna get Ultimate I am 100% down to be enraged by your duck hunt
i bought the switch for the sake of smash.  i think it's sad how much i don't care for any other games on it- wasnt even impressed much by odyssey. 

remember in the 3ds era you dash attacked the can and i with your bowser and i went up and my can killed me
i dont think ill ever forget that lmao
sick ko

anyway seeing how duck hunt has a bunch of buffs and that luigi seems dead (for now), ill take you up on that.  actually im having december 7 off for the sake of playing smash.  one of my friends wants to take me to a smash ult tourney but hell no i want to unlock all chars and have no pressure doing it.  but once i unlock my mains and chars im really interested in im down lol. hopefully it wont take so long idk

i honestly cannot wait.  im def gonna travel for tournies- actually not too sure bc i have too much to tend to but prob here and there at least.  but part of me is getting burnt out from all the news i gotta take a break from smash coverage. 

also been playing fg still.
3ds

wii u

26k+ matches...
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Kalahari Inkantation

started and finished ko mech, which by the way was made by our very own lawlz powerofone;

it's sort of like a free-range shmup except with almost entirely short-range melee-based attacks

the simple concept of punching your way to victory is fun and utilized in some creative ways, it's always satisfying to blast static objects into your enemies and watch them ricochet around the map and cause a cascade of chaos

music is good, graphical style feels (styles feel) a little incohesive at times (he did say he made it from the scraps of other dead projects) but the combination of 2d characters in a colorful animated 2.5d world and heavy use of parallax scrolling is unique and looks great overall

it's kind of rough around the edges and there are only so many ways to use three attacks so it can be a little repetitive, but it's certainly worth $5 imo

though disclaimer i received it for free lol

don't let's

Quote from: Magyarorszag on November 04, 2018, 03:09:02 PMstarted and finished ko mech, which by the way was made by our very own lawlz powerofone;

it's sort of like a free-range shmup except with almost entirely short-range melee-based attacks

the simple concept of punching your way to victory is fun and utilized in some creative ways, it's always satisfying to blast static objects into your enemies and watch them ricochet around the map and cause a cascade of chaos

music is good, graphical style feels (styles feel) a little incohesive at times (he did say he made it from the scraps of other dead projects) but the combination of 2d characters in a colorful animated 2.5d world and heavy use of parallax scrolling is unique and looks great overall

it's kind of rough around the edges and there are only so many ways to use three attacks so it can be a little repetitive, but it's certainly worth $5 imo

though disclaimer i received it for free lol

bro...

#ad

Kalahari Inkantation

he's got another game coming along that i intend to shill here too kitty;

Nyerp

chapter 1 of a sequel (?) to undertale came out a few days ago

it's called "delta rune" and it's like 3 hours long. idk if i can add it to my list

EDIT: i did it anyway kitty;

6M69I69B9

last time I used my switch was probably the same day i  first went to oregon
so 19 days i havent even turned it on, jesus if it weren't for smash it'd be dead to me
after that i never used it but just assumed it was deep in my drawer of my nightstand
though the day i decided to use it, or at least find it
i couldn't
30 minutes of searching in my small ass room
eventually i find it in a carrying case i never ever use- prob was thinking of bringing it to my trip but then decided against it then forgot about it

it's been charging but it's only been with the backlit screen with the energy bar w/ the charging symbol
i search online and read posts that i have to wait at minimum, 30 minutes
why
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Go Up