July 04, 2024, 08:46:41 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Assumption of racism in the Resident Evil 5 Trailer

Started by Geno, August 02, 2007, 08:08:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Geno

"Capcomââ,¬â,,¢s Resident Evil 5 hasnââ,¬â,,¢t even got a release date, but itââ,¬â,,¢ s already drawn the ire of a blog devoted to African women.

Black Looks calls into question the gameââ,¬â,,¢s setting as depicted in the trailer, first shown at this yearââ,¬â,,¢s E3 in Santa Monica:

The new Resident Evil video game depicts a white man in what appears to be Africa killing Black people. The Black people are supposed to be zombies and the white manââ,¬â,,¢s job is to destroy them and save humanityââ,¬Â¦

This is problematic on so many levels, including the depiction of Black people as inhuman savages, the killing of Black people by a white man in military clothing, and the fact that this video game is marketed to children and young adults. Start them youngââ,¬Â¦ fearing, hating, and destroying Black people."

Source:
http://gamepolitics.com/2007/08/01/african-womens-blog-critical-of-resident-evil-5-trailer/

Honestly I don't see how this could be seen as racism. If the main character was black do you think this would be happening? No.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

V

That's just retarded. I can't even take this serious.  psyduck;

Daddy

I'm not even sure how to word my reply.  Resident Evil 4 took place in Spain.  No one complained about the killing of the Spaniards. 

The fact that Capcom is a Japanese company also negates further claims of racism, as it's not even whites making the game.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: JMV290 on August 02, 2007, 08:15:58 PM
I'm not even sure how to word my reply.  Resident Evil 4 took place in Spain.  No one complained about the killing of the Spaniards. 

The fact that Capcom is a Japanese company also negates further claims of racism, as it's not even whites making the game.
Whites aren't the only ones that can be racist. If anything, it's the black people that always complain there aren't enough black people in films or anything, then whine again if a single one gets shot in a movie. caterpie;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Daddy

Quote from: Lawlz on August 02, 2007, 08:22:43 PM
Whites aren't the only ones that can be racist. If anything, it's the black people that always complain there aren't enough black people in films or anything, then whine again if a single one gets shot in a movie. caterpie;
But they are complaining of the whites being racist, when they aren't making the game.

musica.cards

Quote from: JMV290 on August 02, 2007, 08:15:58 PM

That's true, I don't understand why people still complain about racism like that. If it's a black person going to jail for no reason, that's worth complaining about.
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

Meta Ridley

Yeah, I remember reading this and getting mad. Its so stupid and childish. There was a few black guys in RE4!! :O J.J., the gatlin gun dude. But I didnt hear any complaints. Now I know RE5 will have a much larger scale of enemies like JJ, but still....get over it. My Uncle is black(well, he says brown :P) and he is sooo hyped about this game.

Selkie

This is some petty shit...

JMV brings up a good point. omg were allowed to kill spaniards but not africans :|

When will this nonsense end? If a black Leon goes to american and kills all the white zombies, I wouldn't care.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Ripster on August 18, 2007, 11:03:43 AM
If a black Leon goes to american and kills all the white zombies, I wouldn't care.
I'm sure you would.

Why the hell would Leon suddenly turn into a black man?

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Selkie

Quote from: Lawlz on August 18, 2007, 11:34:27 AM
I'm sure you would.

Why the hell would Leon suddenly turn into a black man?

I'm just saying as an exapmle for my point

And I really wouldn't care.

Metroidah

Lol, everytime a black guy gets shot its racism. I ignore this stupid crap nowadays, its gotten the point of stupid faggotry.  psyduck;

NOA_Haunted

Wow someone complaining about fictional things while thousands of people are dying in Africa by Africans.

FULL_METAL_RYDER2

As a Black person, I strongly encourage those women to jump of the nearest roof, our generation needs to stop focusing on bullshit and start focusing on REAL issues for christs sake.

Go Up