June 30, 2024, 08:45:41 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Started by JGE, September 23, 2007, 08:38:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

Quote from: Spartan on September 25, 2007, 07:01:45 PM
So I just got home not too long ago, started playing some Halo 3. My impressions? Really good. Starts off a little dull at first, but gradually picks up.

That's true for all Halos I think...

The artist formally known

Quote from: W4W1 on September 25, 2007, 02:07:30 PM
Ok, thanks.

SPOILERS

On Wikipedia ,though,  it says Master Chief never dies. "The Master Chief destroys Guilty Spark, activates the ring, and barely manages to escape with the Arbiter on The Dawn, an UNSC ship."

Maybe it wasn't in different dimensions.
Watch the video, he never is confirmed to be dead but it pretty much says that someone died and you do not see Master Chief, one of those choose your own endings.

Maybe Halo Wars will tell us or hint at it.

Quote from: Spartan on September 25, 2007, 07:01:45 PM
So I just got home not too long ago, started playing some Halo 3. My impressions? Really good. Starts off a little dull at first, but gradually picks up.
The beginning of story mode is funny. They try and sneak if the question "do you play inverted or normal?"  caterpie;

JGE

Hey reaper, what's your gamertag.  powerofone;

Quote from: Spartan on September 25, 2007, 07:58:34 PM
Hey reaper, what's your gamertag.  powerofone;
followthereefer, but no Xbox live yet.

JGE

JGE

Quote from: Reefer on September 25, 2007, 08:26:56 PM
Spent all my money

burned;

Anyway, I just discovered that the troops can't drive a warthog to save your life.

36chambers

I just beat it, the ending sucked dick.

mariofreak

My Target has about 140 left. I'm going to get one tomorrow...

Quote from: Amalockh on September 25, 2007, 08:35:26 PM
I just beat it, the ending sucked dick.
Told you so.

Supposedly there are multiple endings.

When the game begins, Master Chief is back on Earth, where the Covenant loyalists (Brutes, Drones, and Jackals), led by the Prophet of Truth, have laid waste to most of the planet. Covenant ships are hovering over an excavation site a few miles from the ruins of New Mombasa and have uncovered a large artifact.

The Master Chief, along with Sergeant Major Johnson and the Arbiter, make their way through the jungle towards a UNSC outpost. During this time, the Master Chief seems to experience disturbing broken transmissions from Cortana. Shortly after they reach their destination, the Covenant mounts an attack on the facility. After a brief struggle, in which the outpost is lost, the Master Chief receives orders from Commander Keyes and Lord Hood to clear a way into the African city of Voi, and destroy all anti-air Covenant defenses in preparation for an all-out assault on Truth and the artifact. After the Master Chief and the Arbiter destroy the defenses, Truth activates the artifact and creates an enormous slipspace portal, into which all the Covenant ships retreat. As the humans weigh their options, a Covenant ship controlled by the Flood arrives by slipspace and crash-lands nearby, the parasite within quickly spreading throughout the city.

The Master Chief and the Arbiter attempt to fight off the Flood, aided by the arrival of the Elite fleet, which proceeds to glass areas that have been infected. Keyes, the Master Chief, the Arbiter, and the Elite fleet decide to follow Truth. They leave Earth via the slipspace portal and find themselves near an immense artificial structure, which is soon revealed to be the Ark. They find that the Ark is in fact positioned outside of the Milky Way galaxy. 343 Guilty Spark arrives by an Elite dropship and promises to help the Master Chief in any way he can, since he has no more pre-programmed duties now that his ring has been destroyed. Guided by Guilty Spark, the Chief and the Arbiter push their way to the control room of the Ark, where they barely manage to stop the Prophet of Truth from activating the rings. Commander Keyes dies during the struggle.

In the meantime, a flood-infested High Charity arrives by slipspace. After executing the Prophet of Truth, the Arbiter and the Master Chief discover that a replacement ring has been constructed by the Ark to replace the one destroyed by Master Chief. The Chief decides to activate the ring so as to destroy any chance the Flood has from spreading even further. However, the Chief and the Arbiter first take a detour through High Charity to recover Cortana, who is still in the custody of Gravemind. After rescuing her, they destroy the Covenant homeworld as they make their escape, seemingly killing Gravemind.

When they arrive on the newly built Halo, they quickly discover that Gravemind is still alive, attempting to reconstruct himself on the new Halo. The Chief, the Arbiter, and Sergeant Johnson quickly make their way to the control room, where they attempt to fire Halo. Guilty Spark realizes that this will destroy his new ring because it is not fully ready yet, and kills Sergeant Johnson as he tries to activate the ring. At this point he exclaims to the Master Chief, "...you are Forerunner, but this installation is MINE!", heavily implying that humans are indeed the Forerunners. The Master Chief destroys Guilty Spark, activates the ring, and barely manages to escape with the Arbiter on The Dawn, a UNSC ship. The installation fires just as they get away.

Back on Earth, a memorial service is held, and the Arbiter leaves for his own homeworld. It is implied that the Master Chief did not survive to make it back to Earth. However, a short scene after the credit roll reveals that he and Cortana had in fact been separated from the Arbiter as a section of The Dawn tore off during the slipspace jump. Drifting through space, Cortana drops a distress beacon, and Master Chief climbs into a cryo chamber to wait for rescue. If the game is completed on the highest difficulty, Legendary, the hulk is seen drifting towards a planet after an unknown expanse of time.

iWolf

Go Up