JMV290 Reviews: Edy's Slow Churned, Rich and Creamy, Hollywood Cheesecake

Started by Daddy, September 02, 2007, 03:35:28 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

Welcome to the third edition of my food product reviews.   This review is special, as it is the first one to be posted on the new homepage.  As with my previous reviews I'll be rating it on 3 categories: Taste, Originality, and the product itself overall.  I then average the 3 scores to give it a final score.  Please remember that these reviews are all subjective and may only reflect my personal opinion as a consumer.  A score of 10 in taste one day may or may not be better than a score of 8 on another day.  The numbers are rough estimates--but, rest assured, a score of 7 or 8 will always be better than a score of 2 or 3.   A basic guideline for scores in taste can be found below:

0:Absolute shit, probably resulting in me spitting out the product and/or vomiting.
1-2:Pretty Horrible, I was able to eat the food and keep it in my mouth, but I couldn't finish it.
3-4:Not very good, I was able to finish eating it but I won't ever try it again.
5:Not good, not bad. I'm indifferent to its taste
6-7: I liked it but I'm not rushing out to buy more.
8-10:Fucking awesome. I want more.

As for originality and overall it's a bit more complicated but the scoring is somewhat similar.

The Product:
Today's product is "Edy's Slow Churned Hollywood Cheesecake Ice Cream", it was created back in February, along with four other flavors, to promote American Idol.  Normally, I loathe this show, but, the ice cream is another story.   It's cheesecake like taste is far more appealing than the people on the show.

Taste:
The taste of this ice cream is great.  The ice cream is basically vanilla ice cream, but the strawberry and the cheesecake add a wonderful flavor and texture.  It was quite delicious.   The strawberries are of a jelly-like texture, while the cheesecake is made of graham crackers and has a texture comparable to the peanut butter in Reeses Peanut butter Cups.  The ice cream's texture is that of a basic slow churned icecream.  Surprisingly these three seemingly basic textures added together make for a wonderful, indescribable snack.  The taste of this product is very good and has a slight sweetness, thanks to the strawberries, but not to the point where it is candy-like.   I loved the taste.

8.5/10

Originality
I don't recall seeing any other cheesecake icecreams in any stores or icecream parlors prior to coming across this product.  I'd like to say that, as a commercial product, it's somewhat original.   However, a quick search on Google brings up many recipes for cheesecake icecream, so it is obvious that this idea is not very original.  I'll be generous when scoring this category.

5/10

Overall
Over all, this is a great product.  I highly recommend trying it. Even for a low-fat product it's great and is better than most non-low fat products.

7.5/10

Final Score: 7/10

Read the article

BSS

tbtf

Snorkel

guff

Daddy

NOA_Haunted

Daddy

BSS

Why do you have two different scores for overall and a final score?  psyduck;

Aren't they pretty much the same thing?
tbtf

Daddy

Quote from: BSS on September 02, 2007, 05:19:42 PM
Why do you have two different scores for overall and a final score?  psyduck;

Aren't they pretty much the same thing?
No.  Over all is a review of the product itself, not the taste or the originality. 

Go Up