July 04, 2024, 06:50:24 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Ice Punch?

Started by Necro, May 03, 2007, 08:45:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Necro

May 03, 2007, 08:45:03 PM Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 08:47:05 PM by Necro Gaara
Can you obtain it as a TM? If so, where?

My Weavile needs a good phyiscal because of it's really high attack stat, but really low sp attack stat. As a result of the stats, Blizzard sucks balls when my Weavile uses it, and avalanche makes me attack last, because if you take a hit the turn you use it, it does double damage. Thanks to Weavile's low defense stat, umm no, can't take that risk. Though I gotta say, his defense stat is doing a bit better now. 200,000 + Iron = Win. Just gotta do that to his sp attack.

kthx
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

Samus Aran

If Pokemon is still the way it has always been, Ice Punch is a TM and it is NOT a physical attack. It's an Ice-type attack, meaning it's automatically a special attack.

Necro

Quote from: Kaz on May 03, 2007, 08:47:05 PM
If Pokemon is still the way it has always been, Ice Punch is a TM and it is NOT a physical attack. It's an Ice-type attack, meaning it's automatically a special attack.
No, not exactly. Ice doesn't mean it's automatically a special. Lots of types learn physical moves, and since your hitting them with an icy fist, I was guessing it was a physical.
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Necro Gaara on May 04, 2007, 07:10:04 AM
No, not exactly. Ice doesn't mean it's automatically a special. Lots of types learn physical moves, and since your hitting them with an icy fist, I was guessing it was a physical.
Yeah, they completely screwed up the system. Type doesn't automatically equal a physical or special attack like it used to.

I'm past the elite four, and I haven't found a TM yet, so I don't think there is one.  You should probably just save up 10,000 coins and get Ice Beam.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Necro

Quote from: Lawlz on May 04, 2007, 07:19:12 AM
Yeah, they completely screwed up the system. Type doesn't automatically equal a physical or special attack like it used to.

I'm past the elite four, and I haven't found a TM yet, so I don't think there is one.  You should probably just save up 10,000 coins and get Ice Beam.
I'm already doing so, since getting coins is easy. It's just, Weavile's special attack really sucks, while his attack is really high. This make my Avalanche do more than Blizzard, even when I don't take a hit.

Still, I need a move I can use first that will do alot of damage.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Necro Gaara on May 04, 2007, 07:23:37 AM
I'm already doing so, since getting coins is easy. It's just, Weavile's special attack really sucks, while his attack is really high. This make my Avalanche do more than Blizzard, even when I don't take a hit.

And flying type PokƃĀ©mon (like my Crobat) tend to have higher defense than special defense. So regardless of whether you use Ice Beam or Ice Punch, they'll each do about the same amount to a flying type. caterpie;

And my Crobat's Defense is still higher than Palkia's, even though they're at the same level. thumbup;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Necro

May 04, 2007, 07:28:41 AM #6 Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 07:32:35 AM by Necro Gaara
Quote from: Lawlz on May 04, 2007, 07:26:42 AM
Quote from: Necro Gaara on May 04, 2007, 07:23:37 AM

And flying type Pokémon (like my Crobat) tend to have higher defense than special defense. So regardless of whether you use Ice Beam or Ice Punch, they'll each do about the same amount to a flying type. caterpie;

And my Crobat's Defense is still higher than Palkia's, even though they're at the same level. thumbup;
Whoa, nice. And I don't want it just for the battle. Weavile's stats can easily classify him as a sweeper. But I can't sweep if I can't use my my high attack stat to my advantage.

And you beat the 4 with a level 55 Crobat? psyduck;

(I'm assuming the rest of your party is 55ish, too.)

_Cole_

Ice Punch is an Egg Move for Weavile. You have to breed a male pokemon that knows Ice Punch with female Weavile to get a Sneasle with Ice Punch.

Samus Aran

Oh really? Well that's messed up, man. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though. After all, a lot of special-type Pokemon have higher attack stats than special attack ones. And I think it's weird that there's not a Ice Punch TM anymore either.

So much for keeping TM traditions.

Necro

Quote from: Kaz on May 04, 2007, 03:54:05 PM

Oh really? Well that's messed up, man. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though. After all, a lot of special-type Pokemon have higher attack stats than special attack ones. And I think it's weird that there's not a Ice Punch TM anymore either.

So much for keeping TM traditions.
Yeah, I agree, it's weird and different, but I like it better. If they weren't, pokemon like Sneasel would be royally fucked.

Go Up