May 09, 2024, 09:26:46 AM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Abortion

Started by *Boo*, May 01, 2007, 07:22:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Travis

why would somebody wait until they're 8.5 months pregnant to even get an abortion

:atomsk:

Quote from: Caffeine Free on March 09, 2009, 01:01:45 PM
why would somebody wait until they're 8.5 months pregnant to even get an abortion

With abortion available, women have 9 months to decide if they actually want the baby. Plus circumstances can change a lot over that amount of time. Maybe her baby's daddy left her... She should have decided whether or not she wanted a child before she screwed around without protection and got pregnant.
People do get abortions that far into pregnancy, though. I don't understand why they came that far and they can't just give the baby up for adoption afer it's born.

:atomsk:

Quote from: Raekewn on March 08, 2009, 09:05:43 PM
uhm. so would support an abortion if the fetus had a serious disease and wouldn't be able to live past a few years akudood;

Well, I'd have to stick by my stance that you should give every unborn child a chance at life so I'd want it to be born. But it's difficult to watch a child die slowly like that. Makes me think of patient requested euthanasia, but if the child is only a few years old it'd be difficult having him/her make a decision like that with complete reasonable thought. I couldn't give you an answer... i don't know what i'd do in that situation. I'd want the child... but i don't know.

guff

Quote from: :atomsk: on March 09, 2009, 01:11:32 PM
With abortion available, women have 9 months to decide if they actually want the baby.
uh not necessarily
Quote from: wikipediaAs of April 2007, 36 states had bans on late-term abortions that were not facially unconstitutional (i.e. banning all abortions) or enjoined by court order. In addition, the Supreme Court in the case of Gonzales v. Carhart ruled that Congress may ban certain late-term abortion techniques, "both previability and postviability".

also uh it would appear that very very few abortions are performed that late in a pregnancy as only 0.08% are even performed after 24 weeks let alone the numbers you've pulled out of your ass

Alan

Quote from: ₭€₩₦ on March 08, 2009, 08:13:39 PM
but it can grow.

are you against ejaculating outside of a vagina and menstruating too?

A sperm cell is one cell, not unlike your neurons, your muscle cells, your skin cells, or whatever. Until you eject it at rapid velocity, it's just another part of you; the major differences being that as a fully differentiated adult cell, a sperm cell only contains half the normal amount of DNA (which is how the whole sexual reproduction thing, you know, works).

A human child in utero is a distinct, living human organism, no matter what stage of biological development it is in. Your sperm is just one cell.

Daddy

Quote from: Alan on March 17, 2009, 01:32:38 PM
A sperm cell is one cell, not unlike your neurons, your muscle cells, your skin cells, or whatever. Until you eject it at rapid velocity, it's just another part of you; the major differences being that as a fully differentiated adult cell, a sperm cell only contains half the normal amount of DNA (which is how the whole sexual reproduction thing, you know, works).

A human child in utero is a distinct, living human organism, no matter what stage of biological development it is in. Your sperm is just one cell.
I don't really think either is a sentient being but sure.

FAMY2

Some women don't even know they are pregnant.  baddood;

Bolivian Army

Quote from: FAMY2 on March 28, 2009, 09:04:53 AM
Some women don't even know they are pregnant.  baddood;

well then abortion isn't really an option for them  n_u

Donate now to the Guff Is Great foundation. baddood;

guff

Quote from: Bolivian Army on March 28, 2009, 10:49:48 AM
well then abortion isn't really an option for them  n_u
abortion is not a laughing matter ba  akudood;

Bolivian Army

Quote from: guff on March 28, 2009, 11:40:08 AM
abortion is not a laughing matter ba  akudood;

i think you're just closed minded baddood;

Donate now to the Guff Is Great foundation. baddood;

Zach

Quote from: ra-ˈkün on July 20, 2007, 06:35:32 PM
Don't ejaculate unless it's into a vagina with no form of birth control.  Otherwise you'll be wasting sperm which could develop into life.

That's a tired argument, as well. A sperm does not have the ability to independently create life - it has to merge with the egg to form a life. Masturbation, oral sex, or anything else that leads to ejaculation outside of a vagina is not killing life.

Daddy

Quote from: Zach on March 30, 2009, 08:32:42 AM
That's a tired argument, as well. A sperm does not have the ability to independently create life - it has to merge with the egg to form a life. Masturbation, oral sex, or anything else that leads to ejaculation outside of a vagina is not killing life.
Then why is the Catholic Church against contraception?

YPrrrr

Quote from: ra-ˈkün on March 30, 2009, 08:57:00 AM
Sex is supposed to be about procreation rather than pleasure. Something like that

Zach

Quote from: ra-ˈkün on March 30, 2009, 08:57:00 AM

Because they're against the waste of seed. They are opposed to all ejaculation outside of a vagina because they think that sperm is only supposed to go inside of your wife.

Daddy

what about when the priests do it in children

oooooooh burn

But they are against birth control too.

Go Up