May 14, 2024, 03:52:41 PM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Abortion

Started by *Boo*, May 01, 2007, 07:22:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

l a c e y

Quote from: YPR on January 30, 2009, 12:40:15 PM
Then what is breast feeding?

dude not all people breast feed.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Liopleurodon on January 30, 2009, 12:50:14 PM
dude not all people breast feed.

It's the natural method of feeding infants though. Even if they aren't breast fed, they are still reliant on their mother to feed them, often from a bottle, which simulates the nipple of the breast. So basically, yeah, baby's are still very attached to their mothers in their infancy.

Socks

Quote from: Jacques Michel Valente on January 30, 2009, 12:14:15 PM
Wouldn't that make it even more absurd to end their life?

I would never advocate ending the life of someone because they're a quadriplegic. If someone is brain dead and the medical community agrees they can't get better, let the family make that call. However to end the life of someone living off a ventilator (who isn't going to get better) is not absurd, nor morally reprehensible. Yet to end the life of a fetus before it really begins is cruel. I don't support a no abortion stance, just using it as birth control.

Ezloﺕ

Quote from: Socks on January 30, 2009, 08:17:02 PM
just using it as birth control.

This is pretty much my stance.
:)

Daddy

Uhm, same here. Using it as 'LOL I DIDN'T WANT TO USE A CONDOM SO LET'S GET AN ABORTION' method is retarded.  Using as "Oh shit, the condom broke, we can't afford the medical costs of a pregnancy nor those of having a kid" yes.

I don't think anyone here actually supports it as an alternative form of birth control.

Socks

Quote from: Raccoon on January 30, 2009, 09:02:24 PM
Using as "Oh shit, the condom broke, we can't afford the medical costs of a pregnancy nor those of having a kid" yes.

I can see the logic, but still I would not personally support such action, even in that situation. I don't know why, we can't help how we feel about certain things.

FAMY2

Quote from: Raccoon on January 30, 2009, 09:02:24 PM
Uhm, same here. Using it as 'LOL I DIDN'T WANT TO USE A CONDOM SO LET'S GET AN ABORTION' method is retarded.  Using as "Oh shit, the condom broke, we can't afford the medical costs of a pregnancy nor those of having a kid" yes.

I don't think anyone here actually supports it as an alternative form of birth control.

There is always adoption. The child could have a good life.   akudood;

Daddy

Quote from: FAMY2 on January 31, 2009, 08:25:21 AM
Quote from: Raccoon on January 30, 2009, 09:02:24 PMthe medical costs of a pregnancy
Even with adoption the parents to keep up with regular doctors visits, time off from work, etc.

guff

Quote from: FAMY2 on January 31, 2009, 08:25:21 AM
even then there's a lot more kids waiting to be adopted than there are parents wanting to adopt so they're likely to bounce around in the foster care system for a few years at least akudood;

l a c e y

Quote from: guff on January 31, 2009, 09:07:07 AM
even then there's a lot more kids waiting to be adopted than there are parents wanting to adopt so they're likely to bounce around in the foster care system for a few years at least akudood;

lol i just said that like twice.
and no one listens..
akudood;

YPrrrr

Quote from: guff on January 31, 2009, 09:07:07 AM
I'd rather be in foster care than killed akudood;

guff

Quote from: YPR on January 31, 2009, 09:13:49 AM
I'd rather be in foster care than killed akudood;
okay how about we ask fetuses what they want then  akudood;

oh right they have no high-level brain function  baddood;

YPrrrr

Quote from: guff on January 31, 2009, 09:19:25 AM
okay how about we ask fetuses what they want then  akudood;

oh right they have no high-level brain function  baddood;
I'm pretty sure less than 50% of kids in foster care have tried to kill themselves... So I'm pretty sure even if they did have this brain function they'd choose to live rather than killing themselves

l a c e y

Quote from: YPR on January 31, 2009, 09:29:18 AM
I'm pretty sure less than 50% of kids in foster care have tried to kill themselves... So I'm pretty sure even if they did have this brain function they'd choose to live rather than killing themselves

but like most of them end up doing drugs, stealing, ect..

YPrrrr

Quote from: Liopleurodon on January 31, 2009, 09:30:31 AM
but like most of them end up doing drugs, stealing, ect..
... says the girl who does drugs

Go Up