May 31, 2024, 06:00:31 AM

1,531,629 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Simpsons Movie: Some Damn Review

Started by Andrew1911, July 29, 2007, 06:23:40 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Andrew1911

July 29, 2007, 06:23:40 AM Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 06:34:18 AM by Andrew1911
Today... I have just viewed the Simpsons Movie. Now, what I am about to tell you is top secret. You must not tell a soul... Ah, what the hell? Tell everyone! The Simpsons Movie is as good as any golden age Simpsons episode. The jokes pour like wine and while there may be one or two jokes that fall flat, they never stick in your mind because the movie keeps throwing them at you. Very rarely do I chortle, ha-ha, laugh, express any emotion whatsover during a movie but The Simpsons Movie managed to have my laughing nearly every minute.

The plot is as follows. Lake Springfield is polluted, Lisa gets everyone to stop polluting but Homer screws it all up by dumping pig crap into the lake. The EPA, led by voice actor maestro Albert Brooks, puts a dome over Springfield to prevent contamination, The Simpson clan retreats to Alaska by using a sinkhole Maggie found. There's subplots all around with Bart wondering if life would be better if Flanders was his father and Lisa falling in love with a nice, young, environment loving Irish boy.

The animation is just absoutely fantastic. They took it to the next level here by meshing 3D objects with those two dimensional Springfieldians. The voice acting is superb as always. Somehow, Groening has found a way to make Green Day not suck. That is an achievement that must be seen to believe. Tom Hanks has a great cameo as himself. That leaves one man... One guest star that must led the way. It must be Albert Brooks, the man who ad libbed every single line as Scorpio (He's not in it  ) in a previous Simpsons episode. He shines as a power crazy EPA leader.

Nealy every single Simpsons character gets their time to shine. Hell, they even give Dr. Nick a...

[spoiler]Beautiful death scene with the best line ever, "Bye, everybody."[/spoiler]

There are so many fanastic scenes in the film. It's nearly impossible to single one out. But I will, anyway. There's one scene in the film that manages to be as emotionally touching as the golden age Simpsons episodes. I couldn't believe they managed to be on par with classics like And Maggie Makes Three, Lisa on Ice, and Mother Simpson. But, they did it.

[spoiler]Marge leaves Homer by way of videotape. The voice work sells the entire thing and she tapes over their wedding video to prove how sure she is. After she's done, it cuts into where Homer and Marge are slow dancing. Marge tells Homer she loves him and 'When Doves Suddenly Appear' plays. It was a beautiful and touching moment.[/spoiler]

I'm ecstatic that they managed to not just make a Simpsons movie that didn't suck but they made a movie that's as good as any golden age Simpsons episode. That deserves accolades. I loved every single moment of this movie and I'll sure as hell go see it again.

My grade: A

Placebo Headwound

I'm seeing it in an hour and a half. fap;

This review is the same as the one you posted at Outsider, right?

Wrench

I hope to be seeing sometime in August.  flower;

Ezloﺕ

Quote from: Thief888 on July 29, 2007, 07:09:42 AM

This review is the same as the one you posted at Outsider, right?
Yeah, it's the same one.

Except in Outsider, instead of the spoiler thing, he wrote spoilers in yellow text.  educate;
:)

Title27GT

Quote from: Ezlo4 on July 29, 2007, 09:32:05 AM
Yeah, it's the same one.

Except in Outsider, instead of the spoiler thing, he wrote spoilers in yellow text.  educate;
i dun habeeb it  weewee;

Ezloﺕ

Ezloﺕ

Wrench

Feynman

I was going to see it on Friday, but I had to do this family thing. I guess I'll try to catch it later during this week.

Quote from: Ezlo4 on July 29, 2007, 09:32:05 AM

lol yello txt spam;

Placebo Headwound

I just got back from seeing it.

It fucking kicked ass. thumbup;

LCK

I saw it on Saturday.
Honestly, I didn't have very high hopes for it.
I was surprised to find out that it was actually pretty good.

Commander Fuckass

I saw it Thursday at midnight, I loved every minute of it.
I'm seeing it again later today.
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Feynman

Quote from: Trevor on July 29, 2007, 10:58:13 AM
I saw it on Saturday.
Honestly, I didn't have very high hopes for it.
I was surprised to find out that it was actually pretty good.

Yeah, I wasn't looking foreward to it or anything. Now all I gotta do is actually watch it. psyduck;

pringle positive

[spoiler]YOU GET TO SEE BART'S PENIS gonk;[/spoiler]

Go Up