September 30, 2024, 12:33:02 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Old video game tricks/easter eggs you just recently learned about

Started by Samus Aran, August 21, 2011, 08:24:52 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Wrench

Quote from: YPR on August 23, 2011, 01:31:40 AM
There's a youtube video that explains it pretty well, but I'll explain the method I used.

In cerulean, the trainer in the grass to the left of nugget bridge will notice you as soon as you walk into his screen. There is a small delay between moving into the space and him noticing you though, and you must hit START in this split second, then Fly/Teleport back to the pokemon center. Then walk back up nugget bridge and this time go right and fight the trainer which has a slowpoke as his sole pokemon. Fly/Teleport back to the pokemon center following the battle and walk back up nugget bridge. Your game should automatically pause and when you unpause, a battle with a low level mew will occur

Wow, that's awesome. I'm trying this out soon. Thanks, broski.

Samus Aran

if you fucked up and already fought the trainer(s) necessary for the nugget bridge mew trick, you can get mew using the "get any pokemon" trick which works similarly.

the whole reason you fight mew after fighting the kid with the slowpoke is because his slowpoke has a special stat of 21. this is the key - if you can walk up to a trainer, press start and fly before the battle starts (thus fucking up your start button temporarily), and go fight a pokemon with a special stat of 21, you will fight mew afterward when your game automatically unpauses.

the easiest way (if that youngster's slowpoke is already dead) to do this is to make your own pokemon with a special stat of 21, using a stat enhancing item if necessary, going to find ditto (after flying away from a trainer that saw you), and having the ditto transform into your special stat 21 pokemon, thus also copying that stat. after you kill that transformed ditto, the game should pause, you unpause, then you fight level 7 mew.

however, there is a very limited amount of trainers in the game that will see you as soon as you step into the screen, so you should know where they are and avoid them until you're ready. because if you fight all of them, you can't do this method either.

the one i used is on the route to the left of lavender town - there's a guy facing the underground passage to celadon at the end of the route. you can come out of the passage going FROM celadon TO lavender, and fly as soon as you get out of it and he sees you.

Kalahari Inkantation

Thyme

Quote from: Tectrika on November 06, 2011, 12:07:22 AM
lol unfortunately i do know about that girl;

you better not use them on your first playthrough gaggot madood;

snoorkel

I never knew about either of those Mew tricks, I'm pretty sure I went to some Pokemon convention thing at a mall to have it transferred to my game psyduck;

I got a cool certificate though

YPrrrr

Nyerp

YPrrrr

Quote from: Sakamoto on November 06, 2011, 01:33:26 PM
that's so old now
Well that's kind of the point of the thread unless you are being sarcastic n_u

It's so hard to tell what's "old" in terms of the internet

Samus Aran

Quote from: Tectrika on November 06, 2011, 12:02:41 AM
...I just realized that Ocarina of Time's title theme is an homage to the original Zelda game('s flute). goonish

I've noticed this but never really thought about it and certainly didn't think to put it in this thread lol.

Go Up