September 29, 2024, 10:18:34 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Old video game tricks/easter eggs you just recently learned about

Started by Samus Aran, August 21, 2011, 08:24:52 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Today I learned that in Hey You, Pikachu!, if you say "Playstation" into the mic, Pikachu will get angry and yell.  :3

Hiro

That's what Pikachu does with lots of things it can't understand akudood;

Hippopo

Quote from: Hiro on August 21, 2011, 10:01:24 PM
So basically 80% of the game?  goowan

In Pokemon Yellow, if you jump over a ridge and leave pikachu above you, pikachu will start to dance around after a few seconds.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hiro on August 21, 2011, 10:01:24 PM

he's actually programmed to get mad at "playstation" specifically though

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

if you cut a tree in pokemon then save on top of the spot where the tree was, you start out on top of the tree

fuck i knew about this since second grade.

also this thread is about pokemon now

YPrrrr

How to get mew in pokemon red/blue although I suppose that was during last school year confuseddood;

Mando Pandango

Super Mario Bros:

hold A, press start at the title menu after you get a game over, and you'll continue at the level in which you died
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Samus Aran

Quote from: YPR on August 22, 2011, 11:49:49 AM
How to get mew in pokemon red/blue although I suppose that was during last school year confuseddood;

i showed one way to do it (ditto method) in stream last semester
Quote from: Man of Popcikle on August 22, 2011, 12:05:44 PM
Super Mario Bros:

hold A, press start at the title menu after you get a game over, and you'll continue at the level in which you died

i never knew about this

YPrrrr

Quote from: Suigintou on August 22, 2011, 12:26:21 PM

i showed one way to do it (ditto method) in stream last semester
I was there girl;

I do the cerulean bridge method so I can have him before even fighting Misty (not that I'd actually consider using him) 5thgrade;

Wrench

I don't feel like Googleing. Inform me of how to get Mew.

YPrrrr

Quote from: CM Wrench on August 22, 2011, 08:56:01 PM
I don't feel like Googleing. Inform me of how to get Mew.
There's a youtube video that explains it pretty well, but I'll explain the method I used.

In cerulean, the trainer in the grass to the left of nugget bridge will notice you as soon as you walk into his screen. There is a small delay between moving into the space and him noticing you though, and you must hit START in this split second, then Fly/Teleport back to the pokemon center. Then walk back up nugget bridge and this time go right and fight the trainer which has a slowpoke as his sole pokemon. Fly/Teleport back to the pokemon center following the battle and walk back up nugget bridge. Your game should automatically pause and when you unpause, a battle with a low level mew will occur

Hiro

Quote from: YPR on August 23, 2011, 01:31:40 AM
There's a youtube video that explains it pretty well, but I'll explain the method I used.

In cerulean, the trainer in the grass to the left of nugget bridge will notice you as soon as you walk into his screen. There is a small delay between moving into the space and him noticing you though, and you must hit START in this split second, then Fly/Teleport back to the pokemon center. Then walk back up nugget bridge and this time go right and fight the trainer which has a slowpoke as his sole pokemon. Fly/Teleport back to the pokemon center following the battle and walk back up nugget bridge. Your game should automatically pause and when you unpause, a battle with a low level mew will occur
do you know if this works in yellow?

Nyerp

Go Up