September 19, 2024, 11:56:43 AM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

ITT: We make bundles of music for others

Started by ??????, September 13, 2009, 10:08:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Hiro

Quote from: Lain on November 21, 2009, 03:02:21 PM
I stuck Manic Street Preachers in there just to try to subtly say "hey guys can we make it so I'm not the only one who listens to Britpop other than Oasis around here?" Though I think Sam mentioned she likes The Verve once and Kasabian sorta counts and um I think Hiro listens to Supergrass BUT STILL IT SURE SEEMS LIKE I'M THE ONLY BRITPOP LOVER AROUND HERE.
I listen to a solid amount of britpop and britrock  baddood;

I'll get sum moar Manic Street Preachers eventually  akudood;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hïro on November 21, 2009, 05:38:30 PM
I listen to a solid amount of britpop and britrock  baddood;

I'll get sum moar Manic Street Preachers eventually  akudood;

when i say britpop i specifically mean the britpop movement of the 90s that was basically started by The Stone Roses

Oasis
Blur's most early work
The Verve
The Charlatans
Supergrass
Manic Street Preachers
The Bluetones
Primal Scream
The La's
The Seahorses
etc.

Kasabian and Keane are derived partially from the Britpop sound but I wouldn't entirely count them since they don't fit into the correct era nor do they conform to the styles too much

Hiro

Quote from: Lain on November 21, 2009, 05:45:33 PM
when i say britpop i specifically mean the britpop movement of the 90s that was basically started by The Stone Roses
In that case I have a little bit, but not a whole lot.

Mando Pandango

Oh yeah then I don't really either, sorry.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Lain on November 21, 2009, 03:02:21 PM
I stuck Manic Street Preachers in there just to try to subtly say "hey guys can we make it so I'm not the only one who listens to Britpop other than Oasis around here?" Though I think Sam mentioned she likes The Verve once and Kasabian sorta counts and um I think Hiro listens to Supergrass BUT STILL IT SURE SEEMS LIKE I'M THE ONLY BRITPOP LOVER AROUND HERE.

Anyway I'm really glad you liked all those songs, especially the Mew, MSP, and Vanderslice ones. Those are my favorites from what you just reviewed, definitely. I like to think of the Vanderslice song as having an almost Beck-ish quality to it. Kind of reminds me of a "Lazy Flies"-ish song. But Vanderslice doesn't usually fool around with such percussion and stuff. I dunno, he's kinda versatile. But great, in a new folkish-kinda-sorta way.

I love reading your thoughts on these songs, can't wait to see more. giggle;

I've been listening to the manics for ages, but my enthusiasm for them has curbed a little.
How about Suede?
Suede's ok.
Geneva's good listening too.
Strangelove? Strangelove's like an acid filled bullet to your psyche.

Dig it dig it dig it dig it.
Dug.

Samus Aran

Suede is good, yeah, never heard Geneva though. Or Strangelove, for that matter. I'll need to look into them.

the shortest route to the sea

I'm going to stop you there and remind you that Primal Scream stopped being Brit Pop with Riot City Blues. akudood;

Also, Kaz and Hiro: I'm happy to inform you that "Myopic Books" and "Take The Skinheads Bowling" are now inside jokes between my ladyfriend and I. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Samus Aran

Hiro

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on November 22, 2009, 08:51:57 AM
Also, Kaz and Hiro: I'm happy to inform you that "Myopic Books" and "Take The Skinheads Bowling" are now inside jokes between my ladyfriend and I. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
No, thank you  cjlubdoods;

Placebo Headwound

Guys would anyone download mine if I made a bundle showing what I think represents my music taste well? baddood;

Samus Aran

sure i don't see why not

as long as it's not just mostly stuff i already have

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Lain on November 22, 2009, 10:39:39 AM
sure i don't see why not

as long as it's not just mostly stuff i already have
idk it might have some stuff you have but I personally think our taste is different enough for you to maybe get a few decent things from it. baddood;

Placebo Headwound

Guys I'm uploading a bundle I made right now that I think represents my taste well.

43 songs, about 300mb. Those of you with 5869569856GB of music probably won't find anything new, but I hope there will be at least one decent thing for the rest of you. hocuspocus;

the shortest route to the sea

Thief's pack! I am excited...damn, I just got off my main computer. I might not be able to get it for a while. I'll dl it for now.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Go Up