October 01, 2024, 08:34:47 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

If you go on a date (or even two) with someone...

Started by Hiro, May 17, 2009, 11:31:28 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

Would you consider them your girlfriend/boyfriend?

Zach

Depends on how the date goes and how she responds afterwards.

Hiro

Zach

If she had a good time, I'd probably wait at least another date or two before I went around calling her my girlfriend.

The only way I'd really consider her my girlfriend on the first date is if she just had an unbelievable time and was begging to see me again.

Hiro

Gosh Zach why do you know so much more about this than me, i can't even afford or have the ability to go on dates, i just want the girlfriend right off the bat :(

Zach

Google is your friend. spam;

Seriously, though, confidence is (almost) everything, at least with first impressions. You won't have much of a chance with a women if you aren't confident in your approach.

This especially comes into play with more attractive women - a lot of guys get it in their heads that they're way out of their league and that they can't possibly get with a hot woman, and the resulting lack of confidence pretty much guarantees that they'll be spending another lonely night with their hand.

You've got to be calm, relaxed, and confident when you approach a woman. You can't be nervous and looking down at your feet and stuttering as you introduce yourself. If anything, don't tell her your name right off the bat - ask for her name and keep the conversation flowing. If she stops it for a moment to ask for your name, then that's a good sign that she's interested. Of course, if she doesn't ask for your name it's not the end of the world, but in general that's a sign that you might want to move on to the next woman.

[spoiler]It's weird that I'm saying this stuff since it applies to me quite a bit as well.[/spoiler]

Hiro

Lol i don't even meet girls or anything, and I just act myself around them.

Zach

Quote from: Hïro on May 17, 2009, 11:52:41 PM
Lol i don't even meet girls or anything, and I just act myself around them.

So, you don't ever see an attractive girl when you're out and about and think about going over and talking to her? That might be your problem right there - I can tell you from personal experience that nothing will happen if you don't swing the bat.  bassir;

Hiro

Thank you so much for that reference, now i love you even more. <3 No but i'm never out and about so how would i ever meet someone and how would i stay in contact anyways

Hiro

I guess it should be known that i don't have a life of any sort

Zach

Well, that presents your dilemma, because I imagine that you, like me, have pretty much ruined your chances with every girl you ever went to school with out of sheer ignorance of how to pursue a relationship. That, and the fact that teenage girls can be fickle as hell.

Hiro

Yeah, pretty much. Although i don't think I've completely ruined my chances with every girl, but probably many of them. And i'm sure I'll meet new people next year

Zach

Quote from: Hïro on May 18, 2009, 12:03:36 AM
Yeah, pretty much. Although i don't think I've completely ruined my chances with every girl, but probably many of them. And i'm sure I'll meet new people next year

Yep. And one thing that I didn't mention about confidence is that it's not something that you can just flip a switch on and have. I mean, I understand that you should be confident around women, but it's something that I very much struggle with. It's something that I'm having to develop slowly.

You also can't have confidence with women without having confidence in other areas of your life. You have to feel good about yourself and your life before you can exude the kind of confidence that's going to really attract women. In general, a lot of women are looking for a guy who has a life - a guy that's got ambition and plans and is going to make something of himself. If you're confident in yourself, then that's going to show to women when you talk to them. If not, that'll show, too.

Remember this: Women can sense desperation and lack of confidence like a shark can sense blood in the water.

Hiro

I have ambition and a plan, but definitely not a life. I'm not exactly confident in my life right now because i have no life and It's just crappy right now, but I am totally comfortable around women, other than asking them out. When it comes to that i always chicken out.

Hiro

And how does one go on a date without money or car insurance?

Go Up