October 25, 2024, 04:28:45 PM

1,531,341 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Windows 7

Started by Hiro, November 01, 2008, 12:07:19 AM

previous topic - next topic

What do you think so far?

APALLING
5 (45.5%)
It needs a little more work
2 (18.2%)
Lookin' good thumbup;
2 (18.2%)
YEAH BOI
0 (0%)
Mac ftw rofl
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Go Down

ME##

Quote from: Hiro on November 01, 2008, 01:06:23 PM
it seem awfully douchebag-ish to me

It is, but I find it funny because Apple has spent a lot more on advertising their OS than Microsoft has.

Hiro

Quote from: ME86 on November 01, 2008, 01:10:24 PM
It is, but I find it funny because Apple has spent a lot more on advertising their OS than Microsoft has.
Yeah  doodella;

bluaki

November 01, 2008, 01:50:46 PM #17 Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 02:00:49 PM by bluaki
The new taskbar looks a lot like KDE's, which happens to be something I really dislike about KDE.
It looks like every single Windows-bundled program is using the ribbon interface from Office 2007. Which, by the way, is something I hate about Office 2007.

Out of everything I see with it... all I like is:
MSPaint: Although ribbon interface sucks, I see more features, like several easily-drawn shapes like triangles and arrows along with better selection handling
Improved speech
Calculator: More general features, including multiple lines
Firewire support
Multitouch support
System Icons added to control panel

Hiro

Quote from: Nathan on November 01, 2008, 12:32:50 PM
make it so it doesn't use gobs of ram and processing power to run it.

QuoteAt the recent PDC, where Windows 7 was unveiled, Windows and Windows Live senior vice president Steve Sinofsky claimed that Windows 7 used less than half of the 1 GB of RAM on his Lenovo S10 netbook. Making the new operating system lightweight has clearly been Microsoft's goal.

Of course, it's one thing for Sinofsky for claim Windows 7 runs on a netbook. But how does it work in real life? According to this review, Windows 7 pre-beta works well on an ASUS Eee PC 1000H with a 1.6 GHz Intel Atom processor and 1GB of RAM.

The writer found that Windows 7 uses 485MB of RAM. Despite that light RAM use she notes:

things are pretty smooth in terms of performance...in my use of the Eee PC 1000H for the entire evening I didn't have any hang ups while simultaneously chatting on Skype, writing this post in Wordpress, editing pictures in GIMP and uploading video files using Filezilla.

Staplerlock

It looks fine so far, but I really don't get why so many people jumped on the bandwagon and started hating Vista. I had x64 for a little bit and I never had one problem with it.

Feynman

You're all idiots. psyduck;

It's Microsoft finally trying to do something about performance and actually dedicating everything to behind-the-scenes action. For people that bash on Windows and how it crashes all the time, you're all pretty hypocritical to be talking about just the GUI. The GUI is just the GUI, and not the whole operating system.

Windows 7 is a step in the right direction. Performance. Shut up, all of you.

guff

windowes is like POOP

Samus Aran

Can't say I care a whole lot about Windows anymore.

Quote from: Bassir on November 01, 2008, 04:37:09 PM
You're all idiots. psyduck;

It's Microsoft finally trying to do something about performance and actually dedicating everything to behind-the-scenes action. For people that bash on Windows and how it crashes all the time, you're all pretty hypocritical to be talking about just the GUI. The GUI is just the GUI, and not the whole operating system.

Windows 7 is a step in the right direction. Performance. Shut up, all of you.

the way you always overreact is sort of annoying

Feynman

Quote from: Kazmopolitan on November 01, 2008, 05:04:15 PM
the way you always overreact is sort of annoying

WAHHHHHH IT LOOKS LIKE VISTAAAAAA

Samus Aran

Go Up