October 04, 2024, 04:20:18 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Official list of great games

Started by The artist formally known, March 30, 2008, 08:58:01 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

Quote from: Pancake Persona on November 26, 2009, 09:35:44 AM
too bad i can't

boyah's a major distraction and i'm trying to make my own shmup and apply to college

I submitted my first application today :D
Hopefully it will be my last because it was a pain the ass and I don't really want to go anywhere else.

Hiro

Quote from: Pancake Persona on November 26, 2009, 08:55:40 AM
I own it because everyone said it was better than the first.

It's much worse.
Damn ;__;

Nyerp

Quote from: Pancake Persona on November 26, 2009, 09:16:11 AM
bowser's inside story is fucking awful

the music is shit

the story is goddamn boring

the combat system is vastly inferior to the first game

the overworld is rather plain in comparison to the first too

It's better than PiT, but that's not saying much at all.

"WAAAHHHHH WAHHHHHH WAAAAAHHHHHH LAWLZ DOESN'T LIKE THE SHITTY GAMES NINTENDO IS PUTTING OUT THIS GEN IT MUST BE BECAUSE HE ONLY PLAYS SHMUPS."

That'd be cool if it wasn't for the fact the only shmup I've bothered to play in the past 6 months was Lightening Force and I just ordered some for the first time since I left this forum about 2 nights ago.

Quit acting like I have to like a game just because it's relatively popular and clearly inferior to its prequel.

Dawn of Sorrow was the best Castlevania on the DS and Portrait of Ruin is among the worst in the series. Tough shit. Super Star Saga was the best handheld Mario RPG and everything to follow it has been shit. Deal with it.

i like the music

the story was formulaic, but it had good writing (how you can say this game is boring when you've played persona fucking 4 is beyond me but whatever)

i might agree there, i dislike the game's reliance on items instead of bros. attacks, though the battle animations were fantastic

eh, it wasn't really an "overworld", more like just a long, dungeon-ish path connecting the two castles really

it's not a bad game and i thought it was fun, with one of the major drawbacks being its low difficulty

well yeah but you drool aver ikaruga like all the time i mean come on now really

and i definitely don't like it because it's relatively popular

i personally think dawn of sorrow was kind of "meh" with portrait of ruin being somewhere equal to it, and ecclesia as the best of all three

i don't know what exactly qualifies a game as "shit" to you, but i do know that pit and bis are actually pretty far from being considered really bad games

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Nyerp on November 26, 2009, 12:27:30 PMbut it had good writing
Stopped reading right there. It didn't.

If you think "ROFUL WE R TEH GLOBIN WE BE GLOBIN SO RANDUMB XD" is "good writing", you should probably head back to kindergarten.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Nyerp

Quote from: Pancake Persona on November 26, 2009, 12:28:56 PM
Stopped reading right there. It didn't.

If you think "ROFUL WE R TEH GLOBIN WE BE GLOBIN SO RANDUMB XD" is "good writing", you should probably head back to kindergarten.

i meant more "funny" than "good", but i see you're not even going to try to consider an opinion that isn't yours, so whatever

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Nyerp on November 26, 2009, 12:37:30 PM
i meant more "funny" than "good", but i see you're not even going to try to consider an opinion that isn't yours, so whatever
the problem is it isn't funny

i really don't get why everyone says the m&l series is "funny", because i've never laughed at all. even though i loved the first game, i still though the writing was pretty shitty and it just had some fantastic gameplay.

the past two games have the same shitty writing, minus the gameplay i loved.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

why do you even bother, nyerp? who the fuck cares if lawlz doesn't like your choice in games, seriously?

Nyerp

Quote from: Lain on November 26, 2009, 12:51:29 PM
why do you even bother, nyerp? who the fuck cares if lawlz doesn't like your choice in games, seriously?

uh lawlz challenged my opinions first, i was just responding

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on November 26, 2009, 12:56:24 PM
uh lawlz challenged my opinions first, i was just responding

i mean why do you bother keeping up an argument with him, you know exactly how lawlz is, it's not like he's going to relent in the slightest or anything

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Lain on November 26, 2009, 12:57:23 PM
i mean why do you bother keeping up an argument with him, you know exactly how lawlz is, it's not like he's going to relent in the slightest or anything
i can understand why a person will want to argue if they don't think i've played the game

but i own the piece of shit and i'm like 75% through it

Nyerp

Quote from: Lain on November 26, 2009, 12:57:23 PM

because he's mean and i get angry idk

i just tried to end the argument kind of by calming down, whatever

Travis

strongbad

Daddy

lawlz is mad because tp is better than eba giggle;

Go Up