October 09, 2024, 04:32:12 PM

1,531,326 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Religious figures in dreams

Started by Infel, December 19, 2007, 06:02:42 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Infel

There's lots of religious figures in dreams. People claim to see them all the time, but have they? What about you? Have you seen any?

I seem to see Jesus every saturday. He usually is carrying a cherry pie.

YPrrrr

Never...

Except for the Egyptian gods after I watched some movie

don't let's

Snorkel

None has ever expressly spoken to me (most likely because I don't believe in any, ergo they don't exist), however one of my most memorable dreams is this one where I'm in a school's basement that resembles one of the grade schools I went to, and everyone is slightly frightened and the lights are very dim, and I peek out the window on the locked classroom door and there's a figure that's purely shadow save for shining red eyes. In the dream I immediately knew my cognitive processes were labeling it as Jesus, for whatever reason.

It was terribly frightening at the time. psyduck;

Houdini

don't let's

Quote from: Doc at the Radar Station on December 19, 2007, 09:47:50 PM
Is Spongebob a religious figure?
No sir he is not. Spongebob is a sponge that is found in the sea.

Daddy

home-run-bat

I saw Tensin Gyatso ( the dalai lama ) does that count?

I also saw Osama bin laden... Is he a religious figure? Terrorism could be seen as a small religion, I guess... or not?

sans culottes

Quote from: KT on December 19, 2007, 06:02:42 PM
I seem to see Jesus every saturday. He usually is carrying a cherry pie.

That's fucking awesome. I wish I could meet pie Jesus in my dreams.
I support BUSH

Flameow

I had a dream that I snuck into heaven and Jesus was performing at a concert, and it was completely sold out (it's Jesus) so I ended up stealing someone's seat.  Then these huge body guard guys in black suits and sunglasses and everything entered the place, and were pointing in my direction, so I freaked and ran out.  The stage had been in an auditorium place, and outside the building there were these huge steps leading down from it, so I start running down the steps.  But the bodyguard guys are too fast, so I just throw myself down on the ground, face flat, hands stretched out in front, trying to play dead.  One of the bodyguard guys says, "...What're you doing?" and I look up, and there's an awkward silence, then I say "Uh...I'm...I'm praying toward Mecca."  The guy laughs and says, "Hah!  Mecca.  What a joke."  and the dream ended.

That's the only dream I remember having with a distinct religious figure in it.  I had a really creepy one with an angel...but that's best saved for another thread.

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Flameow on February 22, 2008, 06:16:06 PM
I had a dream that I snuck into heaven and Jesus was performing at a concert, and it was completely sold out (it's Jesus) so I ended up stealing someone's seat.  Then these huge body guard guys in black suits and sunglasses and everything entered the place, and were pointing in my direction, so I freaked and ran out.  The stage had been in an auditorium place, and outside the building there were these huge steps leading down from it, so I start running down the steps.  But the bodyguard guys are too fast, so I just throw myself down on the ground, face flat, hands stretched out in front, trying to play dead.  One of the bodyguard guys says, "...What're you doing?" and I look up, and there's an awkward silence, then I say "Uh...I'm...I'm praying toward Mecca."  The guy laughs and says, "Hah!  Mecca.  What a joke."  and the dream ended.

That's the only dream I remember having with a distinct religious figure in it.  I had a really creepy one with an angel...but that's best saved for another thread.
What kind of music did I play in your dream? befuddlement

sans culottes

Quote from: Jesus on February 24, 2008, 06:31:47 AM
What kind of music did I play in your dream? befuddlement

Imagine AC/DC, except with moral lyrics.
I support BUSH

Go Up