October 09, 2024, 04:22:15 PM

1,531,326 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

the oscars

Started by Snorkel, February 24, 2008, 08:50:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Snorkel

Did you watch them?

I am glad that No Country For Old Men won Best Director and Best Film, because it is truly a spectacle of filmmaking

Feynman

3:10 to Yuma deserved some love.

Snorkel

Quote from: Bassir C. on February 24, 2008, 08:51:28 PM
3:10 to Yuma deserved some love.

It was good, but not even close to anything nominated for Best Film, in my opinion... although I would have put Diving Bell & The Butterfly in there over Juno.

Feynman

Quote from: Snorkel on February 24, 2008, 08:54:58 PM
It was good, but not even close to anything nominated for Best Film, in my opinion... although I would have put Diving Bell & The Butterfly in there over Juno.

Juno was garbage. Just because they touched on an "important issue" doesn't make it any better than shit movies like Superbad or Meet the Spartans. And Superbad was just funny, not good; Juno wasn't even funny.

Nyerp

Truly a spectacle of filmmaking.

lol

Snorkel

Quote from: Bassir C. on February 24, 2008, 08:56:44 PM
Juno was garbage. Just because they touched on an "important issue" doesn't make it any better than shit movies like Superbad or Meet the Spartans. And Superbad was just funny, not good; Juno wasn't even funny.

I thought Juno was good; Ellen Paige and Michael Cera are both premium role players, although as far as Ellen Paige goes I still like Hard Candy more.

I still wouldn't have nominated it for Best Film, though.

KonohaShinobi

Wow. Bassir you should grow a funny bone and kill yourself for roping Superbad in with the same category of shit as Meet The Spartans.

I'm glad Juno won most original screenplay. I really liked it.

Feynman

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on February 24, 2008, 09:16:23 PM
Wow. Bassir you should grow a funny bone and kill yourself for roping Superbad in with the same category of shit as Meet The Spartans.

I'm glad Juno won most original screenplay. I really liked it.

Too much of the humor was forced. Let's throw in a few sex jokes into that conversation, and hey throw in a penis over there, OH MY GOD THERE HAS TO BE ANOTHER SEX JOKE THERE.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Bassir C. on February 24, 2008, 09:18:03 PM
Too much of the humor was forced. Let's throw in a few sex jokes into that conversation, and hey throw in a penis over there, OH MY GOD THERE HAS TO BE ANOTHER SEX JOKE THERE.

Some of it, but not like the whole movie was like that. You sure like to exaggerate things.

Socks

Only in passing. Stuck up assholes praising each other, no thanks.

Go Up