October 24, 2024, 06:25:57 PM

1,531,340 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

No, I'm not back for good, I just need iTunes help.

Started by Samus Aran, July 27, 2007, 06:09:17 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Before you read any further, bear in mind I'm not using the latest version of iTunes, but rather the version before that. Also, I'm using the Windows XP version, not OS X. I hear they're not quite the same.

So yeah, it all started when I downloaded a new Ocremix called "The Delay." It's a nicely done mix from Donkey Kong Country 2.

Anyway, when I imported it in my iTunes, I changed it all so it would fit snugly with my other remixes. To get them sorted above all my other music, I use "~Overclocked Remixes~" as my artist name, and the game the remix is from as the album name. But wait, what the fuck? It didn't move automatically to the rest of the tracks in my iTunes with ~Overclocked Remixes~ as the artist. Nope. For some reason, it went right between Black Sabbath and Blue Oyster Cult.

So I was like, whatever, I think this will fix it. So I right click the track and click "Same Artist" under "Apply Sort Field." HOLY SHIT. Every single ~Overclocked Remix~ track is now between Black Sabbath and Blue Oyster Cult, and they WILL NOT FUCKING MOVE. I can't get my whole list to just go back to the way it should be: alphabetized by artist name.

And of course, because iTunes is some sort of organization Nazi, I can't simply move them to the top where they once were regardless of alphabetization. No. Somehow I've fooled my iTunes into believing that "~O" belongs between "Black" and "Blue." I'M AMAZING.

FUCKING HELP ME FIX IT.

Tomboh

Kalahari Inkantation

I saw the "Who's Online" thing, and when I saw that you were making a new topic, I thought you came back.
...I guess not. edumacate;

Samus Aran

ncba93ivyase

Now that I think about it, check if there's anything in the track number field. Some of my music that's from the same album also gets split up for unknown raisins, and modifying that sometimes helps. Other times, it makes it worse. caterpie;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on July 27, 2007, 06:11:58 PM
Now that I think about it, check if there's anything in the track number field. Some of my music that's from the same album also gets split up for unknown raisins, and modifying that sometimes helps. Other times, it makes it worse. caterpie;

I don't even have a track number field.  psyduck;

What I'm trying to do here is somehow undo the damage that "Apply Sort Field" does. And no, "undo" doesn't do anything. The "undo" option is still a faded grey, as if I didn't do anything to undo.

psyduck;

Samus Aran

Himu

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kaz on July 27, 2007, 06:13:47 PM
I don't even have a track number field.  psyduck;

What I'm trying to do here is somehow undo the damage that "Apply Sort Field" does. And no, "undo" doesn't do anything. The "undo" option is still a faded grey, as if I didn't do anything to undo.

psyduck;
...upgrade? psyduck;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on July 27, 2007, 06:21:20 PM
...upgrade? psyduck;

That wouldn't change anything.

Look guys, if you can't help me, at least point me in the direction of a better music player. Don't say Windows Media Player or Musicmatch.

Himu

Quote from: Kaz on July 27, 2007, 06:24:30 PM

Look guys, if you can't help me, at least point me in the direction of a better music player. Don't say Windows Media Player or Musicmatch.
Limewire?

Hyper

Samus Aran

Daddy

iWolf

Quote from: Kaz on July 27, 2007, 06:24:30 PM

Winamp. It crashes every once in a while though, but I think they fixed it in the newer version. I haven't updated so mine still crashes.

Go Up