October 24, 2024, 12:15:04 AM

1,531,340 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Post Your Desktops

Started by Title27GT, July 26, 2007, 06:30:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Title27GT

The most generic NSider thread ever is making its appearance on Boyah!

ncba93ivyase

Why the hell do you minimize each individual window? Why not do a command-h to hide the app or F11 to expose your desktop? psyduck;

And Jesus fucking Christ, don't stretch Safari, it's retarded.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Title27GT

Quote from: Lawlz on July 26, 2007, 06:32:23 PM
Why the hell do you minimize each individual window? Why not do a command-h to hide the app or F11 to expose your desktop? psyduck;

And Jesus fucking Christ, don't stretch Safari, it's retarded.

I have a wireless mighty mouse, I use Expose all the time. I just minimized shit for the screenshot.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: jesus h. christ on July 26, 2007, 06:35:07 PM
I have a wireless mighty mouse, I use Expose all the time. I just minimized shit for the screenshot.
ExposƃĀ© is not the same thing as hitting F11. That's F9.

Hit F11 and actually watch what it does. You'll be pretty fucking amazed. And if for some insane reason you don't like that, it's still much easier to do a Command-H and hide your apps instead of minimizing and reopening every window. It's also proves easier to switch between apps when you don't have any particular app TAKING UP YOUR WHOLE GOD DAMN SCREEN.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Title27GT

Quote from: Lawlz on July 26, 2007, 06:37:34 PM
ExposƃĀ© is not the same thing as hitting F11. That's F9.

Hit F11 and actually watch what it does. You'll be pretty fucking amazed. And if for some insane reason you don't like that, it's still much easier to do a Command-H and hide your apps instead of minimizing and reopening every window. It's also proves easier to switch between apps when you don't have any particular app TAKING UP YOUR WHOLE GOD DAMN SCREEN.

I have F11 set to the scroll ball.
I thought we established that Safari and iChat were the only damn things I used on my computer.

Snorkel

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: jesus h. christ on July 26, 2007, 06:38:49 PM
I have F11 set to the scroll ball.
I thought we established that Safari and iChat were the only damn things I used on my computer.
I'm sure it'd be easier if you could see your buddy list to the left side of Safari without having to squeeze your mouse every ten seconds.

And why the hell would you set the view desktop function to your scrollball? psyduck;

Title27GT

Quote from: Lawlz on July 26, 2007, 06:40:30 PM
I'm sure it'd be easier if you could see your buddy list to the left side of Safari without having to squeeze your mouse every ten seconds.

And why the hell would you set the view desktop function to your scrollball? psyduck;
Because I don't use Dashboard  navi;

Daddy

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Title on July 26, 2007, 06:41:02 PM
Because I don't use Dashboard  navi;
The scroll ball is set to scrolling; not dashboard. That's button 3. caterpie;

Also, I highly, highly suggest not setting anything to button 3.In about 3 weeks to two months, your scroll ball will die. It happens to everybody that has a Mighty Mouse. Soon after, buttons 3 will start to fuck up. I had Dashboard assigned to that button, and regardless of what I hit or squeezed on my mouse, my Dashboard would always pop up. It was hell to get rid of it.

Title27GT

Quote from: Lawlz on July 26, 2007, 06:44:05 PM

Also, I highly, highly suggest not setting anything to button 3.In about 3 weeks to two months, your scroll ball will die. It happens to everybody that has a Mighty Mouse. Soon after, buttons 3 will start to fuck up. I had Dashboard assigned to that button, and regardless of what I hit or squeezed on my mouse, my Dashboard would always pop up. It was hell to get rid of it.

Yea. I've heard some pretty bad things about the mighty mouse.
But I bought it because the apple store is like three feet away from my lazy ass

Snorkel

Quote from: Lawlz on July 26, 2007, 06:44:05 PM

I've had my might mouse for... 18 months or so now, and Button 3 never got messed up. However, the scroll ball did start not working. So I took the mouse apart and cleaned everything, but when I put it back together it was really hard to right or left click. poppy;

Tomboh

yankez r so stupid. it should be 3,4,5 not 4,3,5.

damn niggers cant find out wtf numerical order is :|

Title27GT

Quote from: Steve on July 26, 2007, 07:30:32 PM
yankez r so stupid. it should be 3,4,5 not 4,3,5.

damn niggers cant find out wtf numerical order is :|
What the fuck are you rambling about? jesus christ  argh;

Go Up