October 03, 2024, 12:23:29 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

wtf ubuntu???

Started by Feynman, June 20, 2007, 01:17:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Feynman

Ubuntu keeps trying to fuck up my MBR by adding that gayass GNU GRUB boot loader to my computer. I'm sick and tired of these Linux distros using this shitty boot loader, I'd rather use Windows's default one. Now, everytime I install another Linux distro I have to find a way to stop it from writing to my Master Boot Record. Last time I deleted a partition with Linux on it, my computer just fucked itself. I had to risk everything and "fixmbr".

PROTIP: If you're ever going to install a Linux distro, make sure to find a way to install it so that doesn't write to your MBR.

Ricky

You talk about OS and distros like I talk about PHP: I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Feynman

Quote from: Ricky on June 20, 2007, 01:18:56 PM
You talk about OS and distros like I talk about PHP: I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

I KNOW PHP, TOO. JUST PROBABLY NOT AS MUCH AS YOU DO.

Ricky

Quote from: Bassir on June 20, 2007, 01:21:33 PM
Quote from: Ricky on June 20, 2007, 01:18:56 PM

I KNOW PHP, TOO. JUST PROBABLY NOT AS MUCH AS YOU DO.
Okay, maybe I didn't word it right. PHP isn't that hard to understand, I guess ...

iWolf

I have no idea what you just said.

Feynman

umm xcuss me i coded the front page

Ricky

Quote from: Bassir on June 20, 2007, 01:23:28 PM
umm xcuss me i coded the front page
What login script did you use?

Because it's pure shit, you should at least add a "Posted by:" thing when you add an article.

Feynman

Ricky

Feynman

Ricky

Quote from: Bassir on June 20, 2007, 01:29:55 PM
I didn't.
Really?

It takes forever to make a good script, and if you really did then it's probably easily hackable without sessions or anything ...

Phydeaux

What's wrong with GRUB?

and uh since when does default bootloader on windows actually give a shit about other installations

Daddy

Feynman

Quote from: Phydeaux on June 20, 2007, 01:34:43 PM
and uh since when does default bootloader on windows actually give a shit about other installations

People have gotten it to work with OS's on other partitions, so it works. It's what I use now.

Quote from: Phydeaux on June 20, 2007, 01:34:43 PM
What's wrong with GRUB?

Not much, really. I prefer Windows's bootloader.

Go Up