May 15, 2024, 05:43:43 PM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Tell me what I should be learned

Started by Cosmic Ada, August 03, 2018, 04:24:26 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Cosmic Ada

I'm gonna take music lessons at some local place. I can't decide what to learn. Here are my potentialities:

Piano
Guitar
Triangle
Saxophone
Metal vocals

I was thinking piano since that would make it easy to make shitty techno stuff on my PC. I dunno though. I've wanted to learn some instruments for a long time but motivation/discipline is something of a rarity for me. Figured taking classes would provide structure for me. I'm just an ADD-riddled brainfuck (hence the lack of progress on making a decision here).

FAMY2

I would say piano  but it's hard to practice if you don't have easy access to one. They are expensive and take up a lot of room. That and if you move a lot they aren't easy to take with you. Can you read music?

C.Mongler

metal vocals, how is this even a question

bluaki

Quote from: FAMY2 on August 03, 2018, 05:13:23 AMI would say piano  but it's hard to practice if you don't have easy access to one. They are expensive and take up a lot of room. That and if you move a lot they aren't easy to take with you. Can you read music?
An electronic keyboard is about as easy to transport as a guitar or sax and isn't all that expensive even if you get a good one with pressure-sensitive keys and good speakers and all those other features. There's really no use for a grand or upright acoustic piano with the kind of usage Super is describing.

Piano is definitely my favorite instrument to play personally. I have an electronic one.

YPrrrr

C.Mongler

YPrrrr

strongbad

piano 100%

you can translate into a sick synth player

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

if you can take two, take piano and vocals.

Piano gives you a good foundation musically and the stuff you learn on piano you can transfer to other instruments.

Kalahari Inkantation

i agree with piano/keyboard, if ever i develop the attention span and discipline to learn an instrument that's what i'd pick

if not, guitar

in both cases because they're chord instruments, unlike the others

Thyme

Quote from: YPargh on August 03, 2018, 07:50:42 AM
Quote from: C.Mongler on August 03, 2018, 07:48:34 AM
Quote from: YPargh on August 03, 2018, 07:48:12 AMSexophone

also known as metal vocals
Metal is dumb

figures you'd say that; it takes a very high IQ to understand metal, especially pragueressive metal bassir;

C.Mongler

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 03, 2018, 11:06:29 AMin both cases because they're chord instruments, unlike the others

um metal vocals is a chord instrument if you have the skills

The artist formally known

Piano since it can be transitioned to other stuff like guitar. Just hope you got a piano or keyboard at home.

Go Up