April 27, 2024, 09:44:53 PM

1,531,646 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

SNES Classic Edition

Started by YPrrrr, June 26, 2017, 09:22:03 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Quote from: Dream Dood: A Dood Dating Simulator on August 22, 2017, 02:41:07 PM
inb4 it's for some dumb-ass reason on nintendo's end such as [glow=black,2,300]they couldn't bother translating the box[/glow]
According to Denis Talbot it's because the north American version won't have French translations in the games themselves.

Which is weird because everyone in Quebec also knows English. Either way they'd get bad press I suppose

Thyme

it's not about bad press, they don't want to risk being sued lol
bill 101, etc

but what's weird is nintendo has been selling english-only VC games in Quebec since the original Wii and i don't think they've ever had any problems with those

but i guess 30 on the same machine is too much or smth idk

smh either way

Quote from: YPargh on August 22, 2017, 02:46:41 PM
Denis Talbot

now there's a name i didn't ever expect to see on boyah lmao n_u

YPrrrr

Quote from: Dream Dood: A Dood Dating Simulator on August 22, 2017, 02:53:48 PM
it's not about bad press, they don't want to risk being sued lol
bill 101, etc

but what's weird is nintendo has been selling english-only VC games in Quebec since the original Wii and i don't think they've ever had any problems with those

but i guess 30 on the same machine is too much or smth idk

smh either way

Quote from: YPargh on August 22, 2017, 02:46:41 PM
Denis Talbot

now there's a name i didn't ever expect to see on boyah lmao n_u
Yeah I read something about how since they're roms they should be exempted from the requirement to provide French translation but that was random Quebec person on the internet so I don't know if that's accurate.

You sent me down a very interesting and complicated road about the politics of games in Quebec n_u

Samus Aran

you can't even get on gamestop's website at the moment i'm posting this

YPrrrr

Quote from: Nico Yazawa on August 22, 2017, 05:21:34 PM
you can't even get on gamestop's website at the moment i'm posting this
It's been down for about 6+ hours now

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Dream Dood: A Dood Dating Simulator on August 22, 2017, 01:54:44 PM

Quote from: EBGames**This product is not available for pre-order in Quebec

lmfao

i lol'd

Quote from: https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/zmmyv5/snes-classic-wont-be-sold-in-quebec-because-of-french-language-restrictions-retail-employees-sayAccording to both employees, who were located at separate stores, this decision is related to the province's notoriously strict language requirements, which protect the use of French in the province and mandate that business be done in French. Because of a 2009 requirement, all video games sold in the province must be translated into Quebecois French if they're available in French elsewhere in the world. Because of differences in format, this can be more complicated than just selling a European edition of the game in the Canadian province, a report in Le Devoir noted that same year.

i mean, i get it

but does it really have to be quebec french

they couldn't possibly be that different

Kalahari Inkantation

August 22, 2017, 11:33:59 PM #111 Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 11:39:19 PM by Majorana's Mask
Quote from: bluaki on August 22, 2017, 11:15:33 AM
I don't entirely trust having just one pre-order, so I'm still keeping an eye on the listings and I plan to order another one if I get a chance.

this was my plan too

but i didn't realize that best buy charges in full for preorders unlike other retailers who don't charge until the product ships

so now i'm completely out of do$h and wholly reliant on this single preorder not being cancelled :'(

TooB

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on August 22, 2017, 11:33:59 PM
Quote from: bluaki on August 22, 2017, 11:15:33 AM
I don't entirely trust having just one pre-order, so I'm still keeping an eye on the listings and I plan to order another one if I get a chance.

this was my plan too

but i didn't realize that best buy charges in full for preorders unlike other retailers who don't charge until the product ships

so now i'm completely out of do$h and wholly reliant on this single preorder not being cancelled :'(
actually, i think they do a temporary charge of the full amount, and then retract it, then actually charge you when it ships

Hiro

Quote from: YPargh on August 22, 2017, 10:53:14 AM
I feel bad for not supporting mortar and pestle more now
say what

YPrrrr

Quote from: ƕɾο on August 24, 2017, 12:08:40 AM
Quote from: YPargh on August 22, 2017, 10:53:14 AM
I feel bad for not supporting mortar and pestle more now
say what
Oh wait yeah I'm retarded lol

Brick and mortar girl;

C.Mongler

apparently amazon UK CSRs are saying international orders WILL be shipped, so i may be getting mine after all boys

not that i trust a damn word they say but i want to dream

YPrrrr

Oh noice congrats on your superior aesthetics

C.Mongler

yeah still gonna keep my eye out for a US one (probably Prime Now on release day mostly) for maximum actually-getting-one-security and so i can possibly keep my promise to hiro, but yeah i'm deff team skittle buttons for sure and would not be saddened in the least to settle on only having that one

YPrrrr

Idk why it became popular to call them Skittles buttons there's no blue in Skittles clearly they're M&M buttons

Hiro

Go Up