September 29, 2024, 02:25:44 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

rip chris cornell

Started by Mando Pandango, May 18, 2017, 12:44:59 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

C.Mongler

[move] saddood;  even flow thoughts arrive like butterflies   saddood;[/move]

Mando Pandango

Quote from: C.Mongler on May 18, 2017, 12:49:06 PM
[move] saddood;  even flow thoughts arrive like butterflies   saddood;[/move]
i want to call you out for being a dick but it honestly took me a second to realize that this was the wrong band

lol oops
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

C.Mongler

chris is a butterfly in eddie's heart now :(

YPrrrr

TIL there are way more Soundgarden fans than I thought

Or just a lot of die hard Black Hole Sun fans

Mando Pandango

Soundgarden is great my dude

YPrrrr

Yeah not doubting their music I'm just surprised he's mainstream enough for all the references I see on social media.

Really sucks he went out like that though. You always think the rock stars and such would be happy for being accomplished but it's often not true

Thyme

Quote from: YPargh on May 18, 2017, 01:39:30 PM
TIL there are way more Soundgarden fans than I thought

Or just a lot of die hard Black Hole Sun fans

i wasn't a big fan, but there were definitely a couple songs i really liked, from both soundgarden and audioslave

spoonman was my fucking jam

i've always loved the guy's voice, one of the best in the world of ~hard rock~ imo

Mando Pandango

Quote from: YPargh on May 18, 2017, 01:54:54 PM
Yeah not doubting their music I'm just surprised he's mainstream enough for all the references I see on social media.
Soundgarden was one of the most successful and popular bands of the 90s, period. Not sure how you got the impression they weren't ~mainstream~

i like this song

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC2GjXMk7i4[/youtube]

Mando Pandango

That song is about resisting the negative influences around you and rising above, but lines like "nothing will do me in before I do myself" are just eerie listening to it now.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Pop"icl...!Pop"icl...!Pop"icl...! on May 18, 2017, 02:08:40 PM
Soundgarden was one of the most successful and popular bands of the 90s, period. Not sure how you got the impression they weren't ~mainstream~

i like this song

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC2GjXMk7i4[/youtube]
Oh I guess I was wrong

Man the 90s was a lousy decade for music

Mando Pandango

i'm gonna kick you in the head

Thyme

rdl

Really sucks he went out like that though. You always think the rock stars and such would be happy for being accomplished but it's often not true
its only a few years of fame. after that its decades of mediocrity. i dont envy them at all.

also
Quote from: Pop"icl...!Pop"icl...!Pop"icl...! on May 18, 2017, 02:41:50 PM
i'm gonna kick you in the head

Quote from: Thyme on May 18, 2017, 02:43:08 PM
i'm gonna break my rusty cage and
Quote from: Popsi on May 18, 2017, 02:41:50 PM
kick you in the head

strongbad

i'd never really cared for soundgarden but i ended up listening to the radio a lot today and on KEXP they did hours of tribute and interviews about him. very cool i definitely respect the guy and his music more than i did before today

Go Up