September 28, 2024, 08:35:55 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

How many grandparents do you still have

Started by YPrrrr, April 24, 2017, 02:19:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Asdf

2 (18.2%)
1 (9.1%)
3 (27.3%)
3 (27.3%)
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Go Down

Hiro

Quote from: Pop"icl...!Pop"icl...!Pop"icl...! on April 25, 2017, 12:02:56 AM
Sorry to hear that, hiro. My mama's mama's mama died when I was 12. Crazy that some of us get to grow old enough to actually know our great-grandparents though. It's something to be grateful for.
oh definitely, she lived to almost 91. seriously the nicest person ever though. she actually had a stroke when i was 12, wasn't really the same after but just as nice

Kalahari Inkantation

April 25, 2017, 10:26:44 AM #16 Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 04:15:02 PM by Majorana's Mask
One. He's about 85, lives in another country, and I've never met him. saddood;

My grandparents on my father's side had passed just before or soon after I was born (my dad was nearly middle aged when he had me - 42 years old).

My grandmother on my mom's side passed in, I want to say, 2013ish. I never did meet her either. :(

So it's just my maternal grandfather left.

I hope I don't miss the opportunity to see him. He's a nice man.

Fun Fact™: now my grandfather on my father's side was a drunk US army doctor and apparently a horrible, abusive spouse and father with, LITERALLY, about 40something kids between I'm guessing tens of women.

My father has never even met more than half his siblings.

My father swore he'd never touch a drop of alcohol a day in his life having grown up in that household. At 66 he's upheld that abstention to this day.

None of this is an exaggeration.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: ADX on April 24, 2017, 04:58:31 PM
my dad will likely be dead before i have kids, which is a weird thought

2. not really close with any of them, but yeah, i try to say hi to my grandma because she's pretty lonely and her kids are just like lol heres an iphone. ypr had a yung dad, my dad's going to be 65 this year, which sounds reasonable to me. maybe not.

im of the firm opinion that kids should take care of their parents. pushing it on to the grandkids is lame as hell. so i dont take it as my business.

i am one year your senior and my father is one year your father's senior

how very interesting

my father is old enough to be my grandfather, and he's been mistaken as such in the past lol

he's probably the single oldest boyah parent, despite me being one of the youngest boyagers

and yet i'm not especially worried about him up and keeling over anytime soon, his health is fine afaik

rdl

silvertone

Go Up