September 29, 2024, 04:23:05 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Drama: To Break Up or Nah

Started by YPrrrr, May 01, 2017, 07:43:44 PM

previous topic - next topic

Asdf

Talk it out
1 (14.3%)
Run 4 ur lyfe
4 (57.1%)
Idklol
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Go Down

Daddy

break up before u get cucked

I cannot deal with sum1 going thru my phone

selena did it
anna did it

cindy doesn't do it tho so thats good

and gee i wonder which one is getting the marriage

Hiro

how old are these messages?
i'd say that's pretty shitty of her and would expect a pretty good apology from her at the least

YPrrrr

Quote from: ƕɾο on May 03, 2017, 12:46:31 PM
i'd say that's pretty shitty of her and would expect a pretty good apology from her at the least
Over a year ago

They were on my old phone so she actually had to dig it out of my drawer, charge it, and then dig back through everything.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: YPargh on May 03, 2017, 12:49:41 PM
Quote from: ƕɾο on May 03, 2017, 12:46:31 PM
Over a year ago

They were on my old phone so she actually had to dig it out of my drawer, charge it, and then dig back through everything.
In your position, I would be fucking livid.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Kalahari Inkantation

You know what to do, YPR. I wish you and your future ex girlfriend good luck. wrench;

YPrrrr

Yeah I know what to do it's just so goddamn hard. I am an utter wimp when the tears come out. We've broken up twice in the two days since but I couldn't let her get out the door  :(

Kalahari Inkantation

I have faith in you both. Just let her down as gently as possible. :(

wawi

rdl

May 03, 2017, 07:18:05 PM #23 Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 07:23:51 PM by ADX
Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 03, 2017, 04:38:26 PM
I have faith in you both. Just let her down as gently as possible. :(
this is impossible IME. just suck it up and take it, all the bad feelings, thats sadly the best you can do.

she was mad at you right? i mean unfortunately thats just a personality flaw shes going to have to fix in her future, otherwise you have years of headaches ahead of you.

Kalahari Inkantation

May 03, 2017, 09:04:31 PM #24 Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 09:09:42 PM by Majorana's Mask
Quote from: ADX on May 03, 2017, 07:18:05 PM
this is impossible IME. just suck it up and take it, all the bad feelings, thats sadly the best you can do.

she was mad at you right? i mean unfortunately thats just a personality flaw shes going to have to fix in her future, otherwise you have years of headaches ahead of you.

Quote from: YPargh on May 03, 2017, 04:37:25 PM
Yeah I know what to do it's just so goddamn hard. I am an utter wimp when the tears come out. We've broken up twice in the two days since but I couldn't let her get out the door  :(

lol aww :'(

She is obviously another candidate for therapy. She has been left before in her life, whether by friends or family or romantic partners, and she is deathly afraid of seeing it happen again. She does truly love you and doesn't want to experience the anguish of loss again and that's why she is so infuriatingly obsessive.

Which is why you're having such a hard time breaking up.

But she has to learn that so long as she keeps expecting the loved ones in her life to leave her, that's exactly what's going to happen. It's exactly what should happen. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

she is miserably lonely and afraid just like the rest of us but that does not give her the right to treat you like her property, as she is perpetuating the cycle of abuse she learned in childhood

Give her some tough advice like we've been giving you fine folks here and say your goodbyes. Insist that she see a good therapist or physician, and sincerely wish her good luck.

She will scream. You may whimper. But you must not look back.

Mando Pandango

Everyone's a candidate for therapy, man. We've all got our issues.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Kalahari Inkantation

idk man i'm pretty good

haha

right

rdl

not me im perfect!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kalahari Inkantation

May 03, 2017, 09:15:21 PM #28 Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 11:37:03 PM by Majorana's Mask
Quote from: ADX on May 03, 2017, 09:14:06 PM
not me im perfect!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

srsly

guys please take my """advice""" with a black sea of salt, i'm a basement dwelling neckbeard manchild who has never so much as seen a woman or man and i have no damn idea what i'm talking about

i'm just conceited, speculating wildly, and i think i'm hot shit

in fact, this unusual overconfidence is probably a 1.66.1 glitch

rdl

well the only counterpoint id give is that nobodys perfect, every relationship and every person is fucked in some ways and you just have to let it blow over you at some point. i just wouldnt want to put up with the "youre CHEATING ON ME, arent you???" conversations twice a year, its just not worth it.

that said i think digging up an old phone, charging it and reading the texts is beyond "personality quirk" and becomes an oh fuck this person has a real problem, do i want to deal with this for the next however long.

i say this as someone with a few occasionally dysfunctional 2-3 year relationships, so maybe i dont know with long term relationships. but at some point you have to ask yourself if this is something you see yourself putting up with long term. i think its too much, i think it veers into lack of respect which is a reaaallly hard thing to come back from.

Go Up