September 24, 2024, 02:31:35 PM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

EVO 2016 DISCUSSION

Started by 6M69I69B9, July 07, 2016, 04:47:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ezloﺕ

:)

strongbad

dam u ezlo

stopped watching after mango lost to hbox lol
lots of good sets- mostly before top 8. even though i know the players hate 2/3 as opposed to 3/5 in top 8 the 2/3 makes it way more intense

Ezloﺕ

looking through the salty twitter posts about hbox is pretty satisying tbh

strongbad

i mean you've got to be kidding yourself if you wouldn't rather have literally anyone besides hbox in grand finals

no disrespect to hbox- puff v anyone just isnt as exciting to watch. you'd understand if you actually played melee lol  doodella;

Ezloﺕ

Quote from: antmaster5000 on July 18, 2016, 12:40:04 AM
i mean you've got to be kidding yourself if you wouldn't rather have literally anyone besides hbox in grand finals

no disrespect to hbox- puff v anyone just isnt as exciting to watch. you'd understand if you actually played melee lol  doodella;
i try every now and then but im too disinterested to put effort into breaking to
and no i understand people dislike it but people say some weird shit. its like sports obsessed chads meet odd video game nerds

strongbad

i really dislike the online melee "community." it's just people who are new to melee making shitty memes and treating top players like they are celebrities

i agree though it is pretty weird how into it people get. i also dont understand those people who just hang out on melee streams or any other vidya stream for that matter

Ezloﺕ

Quote from: antmaster5000 on July 18, 2016, 01:40:36 AM
i really dislike the online melee "community." it's just people who are new to melee making shitty memes and treating top players like they are celebrities

i agree though it is pretty weird how into it people get. i also dont understand those people who just hang out on melee streams or any other vidya stream for that matter
streams i can understand because well theyre entertaining. its a way of seeing players and how do they do stuff in a normal setting. kinda brings them down to earth.

but holy shit seeing people referencing the twitch emotes everywhere else is terrible. its like peolle greentexting in public but the twitch emotes are so much more pathetic

Ezloﺕ

tbh the melee community has its reputation for a reason tho cuz its not newfags being cancer outs

strongbad

Quote from: Ezloﺕ on July 18, 2016, 01:45:37 AM

tbh the melee community has its reputation for a reason tho cuz its not newfags being cancer outs

how so?

Ezloﺕ

Quote from: antmaster5000 on July 18, 2016, 02:17:24 AM
Quote from: Ezloﺕ on July 18, 2016, 01:45:37 AM

how so?
obnoxious tourneyfags with huge egos. its a subset if the FGC as a whole which is pretty cancerous

in facetious terms, it boils down to autism

strongbad

i know what you mean but it makes sense when you think about melee
everyone and their mom plays melee but nobody outside the scene plays it competitively. hard to talk melee with casual players who think they understand the game without sounding like an elitist asshole. when i meet someone and melee comes up i'm like ya i play melee a lot and they're like "OMG ME TOO DUDE I AM SO GOOD WITH KIRBY." kind of hard to respond to in a genuine way at all without sounding like an asshole

smash games are also the only fighting games that have hardcore casual fans (see: most of boyah) which is why tournament players get so defensive when casual players talk about how the stage list sucks or items should be used. ultimately melee (and other smash games) becomes a completely different game when played competitively so it can be hard to bridge the gap between both sides

like i see where you're coming from but i think the elitist melee player attitude just comes from a lack of respect of the game competitively.

(in b4 triggered lol)

Ezloﺕ

lol pls ive pubstarred plenty of games to see how brutal and disgusting people become once theyre part of the '""competitive'"" scene

tbh melee has been dead for years but a lot of the players act like melee is god's gift to earth. also it has such a weird spot in the FGC just because it has no crossover with literally no other games where players will demand respect and inclusion but when theyre finally headlining evo and yet players leave in droves after the melee grand finals.

strongbad

nvm you have no idea what you're talking about

ME##

Quote from: antmaster5000 on July 18, 2016, 12:40:04 AM

that was the most enthralling match ever

Ezloﺕ

Quote from: antmaster5000 on July 18, 2016, 10:03:12 AM
nvm you have no idea what you're talking about
hardcore melee players dont know what deodorant is

Go Up