October 19, 2024, 02:35:18 PM

1,531,335 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

FYI Users who used IRC (NSFCD???) in 2012. Check your passwords

Started by Daddy, April 18, 2016, 04:16:06 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

squirrelfriend

oh shit so like does it affect other channels that were hosted on chatspike
the day i sperged on #nin10doh was weird

bluaki

Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 19, 2016, 09:32:29 PM
oh shit so like does it affect other channels that were hosted on chatspike
the day i sperged on #nin10doh was weird
Yes, you can see the list of names in the link JMV gave. There are a lot of names on the list that I recognize from other ChatSpike channels who I know never joined any kind of channel related to nsf, nintendo, or even video games.

That said, there's a lot of gaming-related passwords in that list. Among them, there's "pokemon" (2 unique emails), "pikachu" (3 unique emails), "shadow", "ocarina", "gaming", and probably more that aren't in my dictionary.

squirrelfriend

well i'm glad i can't see mine they must have purged it
was #boyah hosted there

bluaki

Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 19, 2016, 09:49:05 PM
was #boyah hosted there
yes, but that was way after this database dump happened

there's no data from post-2009

squirrelfriend

like i remember joining chatspike pre-2009
and i see a lot of references to "twilightirc"
And the table was supposedly generated in 2012

don't let's

Though was it actually chatspike? Because a lot of the stuff in there had stuff about twilightirc.net which I didn't ever remember using but judging from an email I did register a nick there May 2009.

And then it looked like twilightirc had a bunch of to do with cuccoscratch (A forum from an old NSider Mod)

And looking up twilightirc brought up that it was hosted by Bluespider Technical Solutions which also hosts cuccoscratch.

Searching for Bluespider Technical Solutions brings up this guy's blog www.danneh.org and that same blog shows up when search the bitbucket name danneh3826 that the irc stuff is pulled from. And that guy looks like he's probably an Admin at cuccoscratch.

So I was wondering if this was an accidental leak.

bluaki

Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 19, 2016, 09:58:21 PM
like i remember joining chatspike pre-2009
and i see a lot of references to "twilightirc"
And the table was supposedly generated in 2012
I think TwilightIRC is the browser-based (Java plugin) IRC client that nsiderforums used to have. Everybody who used that client shares some of the same identity fields, since only the nick was taken from their actual forum username.

Yes, the header says something about the data being printed in 2012, but the dump itself holds a copy of data from 2009. The database includes a lot of timestamp fields. The latest timestamp in there is 1252656840, which refers to Fri Sep 11 04:14:00 EDT 2009. That's from the "seen" field, which updates to present every time anybody authenticates with NickServ.

bluaki

Quote from: ­..............................­ on April 19, 2016, 10:11:35 PM
Though was it actually chatspike? Because a lot of the stuff in there had stuff about twilightirc.net which I didn't ever remember using but judging from an email I did register a nick there May 2009.

And then it looked like twilightirc had a bunch of to do with cuccoscratch (A forum from an old NSider Mod)
Actually, I think you're right.

I do see a few nicks in that list belonging to ChatSpike people I wouldn't expect to be on that network, but I guess they really did go there. The list of channel names and ircops doesn't match and there are some missing names I would expect to be there if it was ChatSpike.

squirrelfriend

well i'm glad i didn't like join the chatroom on nsf
(i much preferred ns2 over nsf during the mass exodus tbh
the drama there was hilarious)

Hiro

I have no idea if I did or didn't also this document just looks like a big empty list to me

squirrelfriend

Quote from: ʜɨɍɵ҈҈ on April 28, 2016, 12:28:13 PM
I have no idea if I did or didn't also this document just looks like a big empty list to me
go search for your email address using the find feature of your browser

don't let's

don't let's

Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 19, 2016, 10:41:16 PM
though I'm wondering if maybe this had something more to do with ns2 or something. Like maybe one of those camp things, or some cross forum event, or one of those trivia things given all the nsider type names listed. Because I cannot fathom why I signed up on twilightirc.net otherwise.

squirrelfriend

April 28, 2016, 01:29:25 PM #44 Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 01:32:59 PM by squirrelfriend
Quote from: ­̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅­ on April 28, 2016, 01:09:59 PM
Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 19, 2016, 10:41:16 PM
though I'm wondering if maybe this had something more to do with ns2 or something. Like maybe one of those camp things, or some cross forum event, or one of those trivia things given all the nsider type names listed. Because I cannot fathom why I signed up on twilightirc.net otherwise.
yeah there might be a point to this
was pelord ever on ns2
but as you said, it also was associated with hen and cuccoscratch apparently

Go Up