October 22, 2024, 03:31:24 PM

1,531,338 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

how do u make friends

Started by C.Mongler, April 18, 2016, 09:25:48 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

help i'm 24 and i have 1 friend i would like at least 1 more where do i go, do i just stand on the corner and ask everyone, do i start an ok cupid HELPP!

squirrelfriend

connect to the internet
i'd think you are mocking me but my only friend is my right hand

C.Mongler

i'm not mocking anyone i just want someone to play catch with  saddood;

strongbad

break up with your girlfriend
this is the only solution i can muster up

C.Mongler

to be fair you probably aren't wrong  cuddledoods;

ME##

My only friend left me to live in Thailand lmao

strongbad

Quote from: David on April 18, 2016, 09:51:47 AM

baddood;

i went from "gotta work on my friendships real hard now that i'm in a relationship" to "this is just what happens when you're in a relationship"

n_u

YPrrrr

Idk I only make friends when outgoing people find an interest in me. One of these days I'll move and no one will do it for me and I'll be screwed.

But also having a gf absolutely kills your chances at making friends and often kills much of your relationship with old friends. Or your friends destroy your relationship with your gf. A vicious cycle n_u
Hiro is your friend now

His gf is  cool too

strongbad

Quote from: YPR Classic on April 18, 2016, 10:18:57 AM
Idk I only make friends when outgoing people find an interest in me. One of these days I'll move and no one will do it for me and I'll be screwed.

i realized that was too many of my friendships. i often wonder if i was more forward if i would have more friends

C.Mongler

But also having a gf absolutely kills your chances at making friends and often kills much of your relationship with old friends. Or your friends destroy your relationship with your gf. A vicious cycle n_u
Hiro is your friend now

His gf is  cool too

yeah the former plan was going pretty well for me for a bit AND THEN IVE BEEN DATING THIS GIRL FOR LIKE TWO YEARS. it kidna sux cuz she has a lot of friends, and i haven't been able to be friends with any of them. like not like i dont like them, but at the beginning of our relationship the whole thing seemed kind of disposable, and DC isn't that big of a city, so i didn't want to try and become tight homies with some of the people she's friends with in the chance that she decided "hey fuck ya i never want to bang again YA LOSER", so i just kinda kept it cool n casual with her friends so they would always just be people that i only kinda knew and would say "hey dude" to when i walked by at the local MUSIC ESTABLISHMENT, and not people that i grew attachment to who would never talk to me again if my ladyfriend decided she wasn't going to either

in retrospect that was kind of a retarded decision on my part because now i would love to like hang on the reg with some of her homies, but i've always been so aloof and casual that its hard for me to just be like "HEY SO LET ME KNOW MORE ABOTU YOU AND ILL SHARE MORE ABOUT MYSELF, LETS GO SEE A MOVIE THIS SATURDAY FRIENDO" this far afterthefact, i just feel like i'd seem like a big fuckign weirdo

someone make tinder for friends please

strongbad

i was kind of in the opposite situation with my gf and she has similar regrets but now we're in thailand so neither of us has friends lol

maybe try out the craigslist platonic section

C.Mongler

i just don't want to be raped by a bear  saddood;

Daddy

YPrrrr

Quote from: C.Mongler on April 18, 2016, 10:50:26 AM

Hiro is your friend now

His gf is  cool too

yeah the former plan was going pretty well for me for a bit AND THEN IVE BEEN DATING THIS GIRL FOR LIKE TWO YEARS. it kidna sux cuz she has a lot of friends, and i haven't been able to be friends with any of them. like not like i dont like them, but at the beginning of our relationship the whole thing seemed kind of disposable, and DC isn't that big of a city, so i didn't want to try and become tight homies with some of the people she's friends with in the chance that she decided "hey fuck ya i never want to bang again YA LOSER", so i just kinda kept it cool n casual with her friends so they would always just be people that i only kinda knew and would say "hey dude" to when i walked by at the local MUSIC ESTABLISHMENT, and not people that i grew attachment to who would never talk to me again if my ladyfriend decided she wasn't going to either

in retrospect that was kind of a retarded decision on my part because now i would love to like hang on the reg with some of her homies, but i've always been so aloof and casual that its hard for me to just be like "HEY SO LET ME KNOW MORE ABOTU YOU AND ILL SHARE MORE ABOUT MYSELF, LETS GO SEE A MOVIE THIS SATURDAY FRIENDO" this far afterthefact, i just feel like i'd seem like a big fuckign weirdo

someone make tinder for friends please
Ya I've been kind of doing the same thing in my last two cities. I didn't plan to stay in Milwaukee or Yuma long so I've avoided really being too tight with anyone. And then sometimes I wonder why I don't have any good friends here and they're all back at home or in my college town lol. I guess temporary friends wouldn't be so horrible. I guess it would be more awk with a gf who's a potential ex though

C.Mongler

yeah it's silly; ya avoid opening up to people and then one day you're like huh i dont have any close friends, weird

i think it was more my gut reaction of how to deal with platonic relationships after my ex who split with me out of the blue one day (while i was on the other side of the country no less, WHAT A CUNT); one of her close friends i took a liking to and we had hung out solo once and it seemed like we were gonna be good m8s, watch the tele together, GO TO THE PUB FOR A FISH N CHIP, go to the nandos and all that, and then she dumped me and the week after i saw him on the street and he looked past me like i didn't exist and then the next week he unfriended me on facebook

i mean yeah i guess that dude was just a cock in retrospect, BUT IT HURT MY FEELINGS  awdood;

Go Up