September 30, 2024, 12:20:32 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

when do we start the 2016 boyah awards

Started by Samus Aran, April 06, 2016, 04:52:59 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

i feel like this year will be better for the boyah awards. like the fact that we virtually gave up 3/4 of the way through last year will give us a good opportunity to start fresh(er)

idea: do not use almost any award categories from previous years other than the most obligatory ones

idea #2: anyone who says they'll make a video but misses their deadline is given a new type of dipshit rank that they have to keep until the end of the year. and also they will immediately be replaced and someone else will make the video.

squirrelfriend

can we keep the worst felt post ever category

Samus Aran

squirrelfriend

how can i give boyah mold
also i think it should be a live ceremony

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

live ceremony is a cool idea

also i think we start these at a different time every year

squirrelfriend

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on April 06, 2016, 05:01:47 PM

yeah and there's other services other than livestream to broadcast events like this. obs is easier to use than procaster anyhow so like download that. we can have webcam stream on like rabb.it or google hangouts or whatever site if you want to make it simpler. rtmp streaming doesn't take all that much resources nowadays so like you can fire up a vps and host three simultaneous streams and then compile the different streamers onto like one stream with pictures in picture. livestream is just lame because of the 500 kbps audio + video limit so i don't use it anymore ;-;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on April 06, 2016, 05:01:47 PM

we usually start them in may, which is actually pretty convenient as schoolgoing boyagers are off school by the last week of the month

6M69I69B9

ditch nominations

just mention person you think is good enough for that category

literally ppl just thought to do that since ppl repeated names
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Samus Aran

Quote from: the MIB the on April 06, 2016, 06:27:12 PM
ditch nominations

just mention person you think is good enough for that category

literally ppl just thought to do that since ppl repeated names

this would not work because while there are plenty of award threads where people might repeat names, there are also plenty where they don't

so nominations are definitely staying

YPrrrr

Start them with good intentions in probably like a few weeks

Then gradually fade away from them until nothing really results from it

Samus Aran

don't let's

don't let's

April 06, 2016, 07:18:11 PM #12 Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 07:22:00 PM by …
I'd say come up with a list of categories, no user input. Allow 2 weeks (or some relatively short time) for nominations. PM/email all the active Boyagers about nominations with the categories and where to nominate and the deadline. And then do the same for voting, and the same for videos.

And if somebody misses out, then that's too bad.

As for the videos, you could have each person record more than their share. (Or even the whole list if you want to go that far) and then whoever is in charge of editing can mix and match however they want. Especially if some people are late or just don't produce their video.
If the livestreaming doesn't gain any traction.

squirrelfriend

Quote from: … on April 06, 2016, 07:18:11 PM
I'd say come up with a list of categories, no user input. Allow 2 weeks (or some relatively short time) for nominations. PM/email all the active Boyagers about nominations with the categories and where to nominate and the deadline. And then do the same for voting, and the same for videos.

And if somebody misses out, then that's too bad.

As for the videos, you could have each person record more than their share. (Or even the whole list if you want to go that far) and then whoever is in charge of editing can mix and match however they want. Especially if some people are late or just don't produce their video.
If the livestreaming doesn't gain any traction.
streaming it doesn't necessarily mean there won't be pre-recorded videos. if someone doesn't record a video, fuck it. do it live. i would like to see the live reactions along with it.

strongbad

Go Up