October 21, 2024, 08:41:20 PM

1,531,338 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Boyah 2.0 Beta: LIVE FOR WEDNESDAY

Started by Daddy, April 02, 2016, 06:32:37 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

Quote from: C.Mongler on April 04, 2016, 01:15:01 PM
I CAN HELP LET ME HELP HEY OVER HERE GUYS OVER HERE HEY
We need ur feedback

what else do u offers

C.Mongler

C.Mongler

look papa jmv already hard at work  cuddledoods;

Daddy

Good look fam

We should make a new set of banners for the new bpoyu

C.Mongler

i mean if u really want me 2 for real work on it i can and make a damn near 1:1 copy of smokes2 just that maybe plays nicely with smf 2.0, but i also have no idea what the innards of SMF looks like and i might fuck something up SOOOOOO  doodhuh; but yeah lemme know homie all i do is CSS all day anyway lol

taht was just literally 2 minutes of me fucking around with the site inspector lolololol

Daddy

send me and snorkel that CSS.

I think he was gonna try adjusting themes.  If you change actual HTML i'd be probably have to do that in the template

C.Mongler

i shouldn't need to, it looks like everything has nice IDs n shit. but i've never themed (or done anything) with SMF; do i just need to prep a standard style sheet or does this need to be something weird. i can start for real working on it when i get home in like an hour if it's just yer basic style sheet that ya need

don't let's

My display name doesn't show up there anymore

…

Thyme

Quote from: C.Mongler on April 04, 2016, 01:58:46 PM
i shouldn't need to, it looks like everything has nice IDs n shit. but i've never themed (or done anything) with SMF; do i just need to prep a standard style sheet or does this need to be something weird. i can start for real working on it when i get home in like an hour if it's just yer basic style sheet that ya need

do you use sass? ifeelbetter;

C.Mongler

Quote from: Chyme on April 04, 2016, 03:11:10 PM
Quote from: C.Mongler on April 04, 2016, 01:58:46 PM

do you use sass? ifeelbetter;

never heard of it until i googled it, looks nifty though and would probably save me time in the long run BUT i'm a fucking dinosaur and grumpy and i never use shit that makes shit easier. i dunno, i guess i just like the practice of doing shit raw in a notepad document, but like even my coworkers use the damn WYSIWYG on our site most of the time, or Dreamweaver, and i like 95% of the time have my nose in a notepad doc lol

cmongler;

Thyme

well i'm kind of the same way, it can take a p. long time for me to adopt new techniques and technologies
only started using sass about two and a half years in professionally speaking
but let me tell you, once you start using that shit you don't go back

i was about to tell you to find a competent IDE but since you said you just do css something like phpstorm would probs be overkill
i'd advise you to look up notepad++ at least, or Coda if you use a mac at work

C.Mongler

i mean of course i use notepad plus i'm not a dingus i thought that was implied  bassir;

but yeah i only do front end design/upkeep. i want to learn more shit but i'm not doing any sort of development at the moment lol

Thyme

well damn dude if your coworkers are dingus enough to use fucking dreamweaver bassir;

[spoiler]i do use it for html emails because the table generator is handy lol
and image maps[/spoiler]

Daddy

You mean more like homosexaualityweaver hahah gaylord

C.Mongler

Quote from: Khadafi on April 04, 2016, 05:18:10 PM
You mean more like homosexaualityweaver hahah gaylord

heh heh heh my coworkers are actually gay he's right heh heh heh

but yeah i worked on this for like 15 minutes last night and then i got too stoned and gave up. basically there's definitely some back end shit that would make my life easier/different since u clearly have to upload/direct the theme to source files for the banner, read buttons, unread buttons, and shit like that since there's empty divs for the shit where it isn't used n stuffs. it was clear 2 ME that doing that in a style sheet didn't really make sense and might even just break some shit if i'm trying to go against how SMF handles its forumin'.

i probably shoulda uploaded what i had before i came to work 2 share, but like i said 2 stoned.

anyways i'm still willing to help but it's probably a futile effort since i have never themed SMF b4 and there's clearly shit on the backend that would probably be helpful if i had any knowledge of lololol  n_u

Go Up