October 21, 2024, 08:27:48 PM

1,531,338 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Boyah 2.0 Beta: LIVE FOR WEDNESDAY

Started by Daddy, April 02, 2016, 06:32:37 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 02, 2016, 02:00:59 PM
also it's a bit confusing to get into the look and layout preferences. i wouldn't have thought to hover over something to get to it. i think that menu should be on the sidebar as it is on the default menu on boyah now
That's going to be a change within almost every SMF2.0 theme

It's a change within the underlying software.

squirrelfriend

Quote from: Khadafi on April 02, 2016, 02:11:14 PM
also it's a bit confusing to get into the look and layout preferences. i wouldn't have thought to hover over something to get to it. i think that menu should be on the sidebar as it is on the default menu on boyah now

well i know how to do it now so that's okay. just felt a bit stupid about having to find it when it clearly said "modify profile"

don't let's

There's a double arrow on the right side of your profile in the summary, if you click it it turns back into the old profile links where it just lists all the options on the left in a column instead of having to hover over anything.

ME##

Quote from: Khadafi on April 02, 2016, 02:11:14 PM

WELCOME CHANGE FUCK THE AUTISTS

squirrelfriend

Quote from: … on April 02, 2016, 02:29:53 PM
There's a double arrow on the right side of your profile in the summary, if you click it it turns back into the old profile links where it just lists all the options on the left in a column instead of having to hover over anything.
ty

Daddy

Quote from: SVT on April 02, 2016, 01:34:50 PM
needs [tex] also i dont like how cluttered the thread lists are.

started by should be it's own coloumn
those can be adjusted i think

I was thinking of modifying the theme i have set as default to match smokes in color as well as adding that columns

Mando Pandango

Reseller and Redsy are a lot nicer than the themes you had previously but I still haven't found one I'm in love with befuddlement

I'll take a look when I've got time
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Mando Pandango

I think I've just gotten used to there being tons of negative space around the forums tbh. The negative space is quintessentially boyah2me
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Daddy

Quote from: Sir Popsicle the Sesquipedalian on April 02, 2016, 05:35:18 PM
Reseller and Redsy are a lot nicer than the themes you had previously but I still haven't found one I'm in love with befuddlement

I'll take a look when I've got time
I'm too lazy to test everything on all the themes but y'all could give screenshots of what you see and what the issues you dont like, that'd be good too.

I have tested them briefly on my browser and mobile, and the 3 themes I just installed all do have a "better" mobile interface but IMO they still are awful because they use a huge amount of screenspace just for avatars,sigs, etc. I'd need to turn those off or something for mobile.

I still think ProjectL + some modification would make it look like an updated version of smokes. Wouldn't solve the mobile issue tho

Mando Pandango

i was just talking about aesthetics tbh but i can do that too

Daddy

oh idk why i quoted you it was just a general request for anyone in the thread

don't let's

Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 02, 2016, 02:55:54 PM
ty
Actually, I just noticed that there's an option to check in the Look and Layout section that says "Use sidebar menus instead of dropdown menus when possible"

squirrelfriend

Quote from: … on April 02, 2016, 05:54:26 PM
Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 02, 2016, 02:55:54 PM
ty
Actually, I just noticed that there's an option to check in the Look and Layout section that says "Use sidebar menus instead of dropdown menus when possible"
ooh neato even more

Daddy

Im shutting down for when i sleep.

beta will resume anotehr time

C.Mongler

aw i did not get to test a friend was in town

Go Up