SHOCKING: Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival is a cash grab??!!

Started by C.Mongler, November 18, 2015, 07:14:26 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

QuoteOverall, Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival is an embarrassment of a game. I was already disappointed with Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, the other AC spin-off title that released this fall, but Amiibo Festival far overshoots its predecessor in terrible design and gameplay. The only reason to even look at this game on a store shelf would be for the amiibo inside. But then, I would implore you to import the amiibo rather than give Nintendo money for this terribly made title. Nintendo fans need to speak with their wallet, and I beg of them to make a statement that terrible cash-ins, such as Amiibo Festival, will not be tolerated.

ayyyy lmao

so is anyone still gonna buy this garbage lol

Thyme

ME##

The fact that it takes the release of the game for Nintendo apologists to realise this is telling. 

Also our habitual friend of, 'If you were going to buy this game because you're retarded, you're still going to be buy it!' returns in the comments as: Just played this game today with my Tom Nook and Mabel amiibos, game is simple and fun. If you like amiibos and like to just sit back and enjoy a cute and fun board game than pick it up! If not than don't bother.

C.Mongler

Quote from: David on November 18, 2015, 07:52:16 AM
The fact that it takes the release of the game for Nintendo apologists to realise this is telling. 

Also our habitual friend of, 'If you were going to buy this game because you're retarded, you're still going to be buy it!' returns in the comments as: Just played this game today with my Tom Nook and Mabel amiibos, game is simple and fun. If you like amiibos and like to just sit back and enjoy a cute and fun board game than pick it up! If not than don't bother.

lol candyland is like 10 bucks on amazon just get that

TooB

Classic

I just like the Amiibo.  giggle;

I actually haven't even put the game in.

ME##

Classic

bluaki

Like Tyler, I like the amiibo but haven't actually tried this game yet sillydood;
But that's more because I have a ton of other games I'm already playing right now and I don't have the time. I still expect to get some enjoyment out of it.

My thoughts on the game based on what I've watched/read:
[spoiler]* The use of amiibo detracts from the game experience. Not learning from their Mario Party 10 mistakes, Nintendo seems to think that "tapping" an amiibo to the NFC reader is a good choice of input for such basic tasks as rolling a die or walking one step and that making everyone share a single controller is a good idea.
* The board game is a little too focused on randomness and scant on meaningful choices; it'd be a lot better if, like Mario Party, you could get some interaction between the players like taking points. Even its viability as a party game is seriously hurt by the idea that nothing that happens on any of your opponents' turns will affect your status or outcome.
* That said, its board game still seems like it'd be more enjoyable than the one in Mario Party 10.
* Not having minigames in the middle of the board game is both a blessing and a curse. On one hand, it stops board games from dragging on forever, but on the other, it removes some vaguely skill/decision-based gameplay from the main mode.
* I seriously get the feeling that just their decision to rely on controller-sharing is the main factor that had a cascading detrimental effect on the gameplay. From a game design perspective, that severely limits how much depth, competition, and interaction you can have in a game.
* It's great that the boards are customizeable in ways that affect the layout, but it's a shame that all 12 months have the same board from the start / before customization. It's too bad that this depth of content doesn't reflect well in depth of experience.
* The island escape game seems much better than the main board game in virtue of actually giving you meaningful choices and objectives, but it's only single-player and is of course not as fleshed-out as the main mode.
* Having more sub-games available would greatly help, but again the one-controller issue is a big problem.
* It's a party game designed to be kid-friendly. All the reviewers seem to expect way too much for this genre.[/spoiler]

C.Mongler

i mean mario party 2 was a board game aimed at kids but it wasn't a pile of uninspired boring horse poopy. a $60 dollar shell of a board game that comes with 2 actionless figures:

[move][glow=red,2,300]wooooooooooooooooooooo[/glow][/move]

it's only aimed at children because they want their parents to buy them the amiibos that go with it. fuckin' boring. if they were going to do anything they should have just done an 'hd remake' of the 3ds game and shoehorned this game into it, at least then it wouldn't be a total waste of everyone's time.

[spoiler]i haven't played this game but maybe it's the shit who knows but everything ive watched and read looks boring as shit i'd be pissed if my parents bought me this[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

Go Up