June 17, 2024, 03:45:32 AM

1,531,266 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

star shitizen

Started by 6M69I69B9, October 09, 2015, 10:14:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

6M69I69B9

lmao

this has got to be the biggest cop out on a scam if it manages to work

>ppl literally purchasing spaceships for $500-$15,000 before the game is out
>pre-order bonus
>they've ALREADY missed most if not all of their deadlines
>ALMOST $90,000,000 FUNDED, and they still don't have shit to show but demos that can't function right
>people literally gloating over how many pixels they bought with $40,000
>more advertises than gaming
>reddit trying to defend being scammed

man this is fucking hilarious holy shittt

outdated article but w/e still relevant
https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Star-Citizen-not-considered-a-scam
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

ME##

honestly this is what pc 'maser race' gaming is.  it's just a bunch of people waving e-penises in each other's face about how much money they wasted on something that doesn't work. 

think about it:  if they were car guys, they'd be the retards that do stance rofl

silvertone

Quote from: David on October 10, 2015, 11:35:56 AM
honestly this is what pc 'maser race' gaming is.  it's just a bunch of people waving e-penises in each other's face about how much money they wasted on something that doesn't work. 

think about it:  if they were car guys, they'd be the retards that do stance rofl

i think it's just people on reddit.... which i guess is the same people who make the master race meme

strongbad

ME##

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

And how is this a scam, exactly?
So, people are getting their dicks in a twist over alpha footage of a crowdfunded game?

Has the company actually shown any signs of actually acting in bad faith? Stealing cash?

ME##

Quote from: Boogus Epirus Aurelius on October 12, 2015, 11:49:36 AM
So, people are getting their dicks in a twist over alpha footage of a crowdfunded game?

Has the company actually shown any signs of actually acting in bad faith? Stealing cash?

maybe not bad faith, but the amount of faith people put into these small startups actually delivering on their promises when begging for money is hilarious

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: David on October 12, 2015, 12:46:20 PM

maybe not bad faith, but the amount of faith people put into these small startups actually delivering on their promises when begging for money is hilarious

But that's the point of crowdfunding in general, isn't it? It's financially contributing towards something that you want to support... You're voting for something with your wallet with the chance that you'll get something out of it at the end.

It's not a pre-order platform.

ME##

Quote from: Boogus Epirus Aurelius on October 12, 2015, 12:59:49 PM

But that's the point of crowdfunding in general, isn't it? It's financially contributing towards something that you want to support... You're voting for something with your wallet with the chance that you'll get something out of it at the end.

the problem is, i think too many of these companies do think of this as preordering. 

that or they have success so they become over ambitious and try to cram everything under the sun in it. 

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: David on October 12, 2015, 01:12:38 PM
Quote from: Boogus Epirus Aurelius on October 12, 2015, 12:59:49 PM

the problem is, i think too many of these companies do think of this as preordering. 

that or they have success so they become over ambitious and try to cram everything under the sun in it. 

Eh, I think the burden lies more on the end user, the "crowd" that's actually doing the backing. In the case of this star citizen game (which I don't really know a lot about), it sounds like backers (and non backers) are just getting wary now, looking at the financials. But that probably has a lot to do with how closely these people are following the development cycle, because they feel like they have a stake in things, that they're owed something. Which is why you'll have people overly dramatizing development choices.

If a AAA production was as transparent as a lot of these crowdfunded games are, the same type of bitching and moaning would be taking place.

ME##

Go Up