So I pretty much found out what the PS4's killer feature is. Incredible.

Started by ME##, September 25, 2015, 06:48:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

Using the contoller's headphone jack to route all of the audio coming from the system to my headphones, bypassing the one on my TV.  Now I can sit in bed and watch Netflix.

Greatness truly did await.

TooB

Commander Fuckass

The Roku 3 did it first

Ps: have fun draining your battery life out of your controller

Also the XB1 can do this too
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

TooB

bluaki

PS4 does it, Xbone does it, Wii U does it, Roku does it, even Amazon's Fire TV does it (with its newest revision).

I guess that's really the one most consistent new feature in this hardware generation.

Snowy

Quote from: Commander Fuckass on September 25, 2015, 11:15:37 PM
The Roku 3 did it first

Ps: have fun draining your battery life out of your controller

Also the XB1 can do this too
yeah but you need to buyt an adapter to do it on the xbone

bluaki

Quote from: Snowy on September 27, 2015, 09:07:48 AM
Not quite: there was a new controller revision released in June this year (alongside a 1TB edition xbone console) which has a normal headphone port instead of requiring the adapter.

Snowy

Quote from: bluaki on September 27, 2015, 11:04:30 PM
Not quite: there was a new controller revision released in June this year (alongside a 1TB edition xbone console) which has a normal headphone port instead of requiring the adapter.
the $100 "elite" one?

bluaki

Quote from: Snowy on September 28, 2015, 10:49:20 PM
the $100 "elite" one?
No, the Elite Controller isn't even released yet. There was another new controller that effectively replaces the old one at the same price point, which is basically the same except for the standard 3.5mm headphone port and supposedly better triggers. It's been bundled with all 1TB xbones since they first released, but I think it has since then been added to all 500GB console bundles as well.

But yes, the Elite Controller has a standard 3.5mm headphone jack too. It's $150, not $100.

Snowy

Quote from: bluaki on September 28, 2015, 11:11:21 PM
Quote from: Snowy on September 28, 2015, 10:49:20 PM
the $100 "elite" one?
No, the Elite Controller isn't even released yet. There was another new controller that effectively replaces the old one at the same price point, which is basically the same except for the standard 3.5mm headphone port and supposedly better triggers. It's been bundled with all 1TB xbones since they first released, but I think it has since then been added to all 500GB console bundles as well.

But yes, the Elite Controller has a standard 3.5mm headphone jack too. It's $150, not $100.
Did they ever say anything about re-releasing the controller? I don't remember hearing anything about that but it's good to hear that the 3.5mm jack is standard now too.

Go Up