The Only Vestige of Happiness at the Sorry Company of Sony: PlayStation 4

Started by ME##, August 04, 2015, 03:31:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

Quote from: Tectron on January 01, 2016, 01:06:20 PM
yeah youtube is an option for videos but for photos you're limited to twitterbook or copying it to a usb drive akudood;
this wouldn't be so cumbersome if the ps4 had some fucking usb ports on the back so the front ones could be used for quick swap devices like usb drives lol

Thyme

tec desperately wants them to add tumblr support ifeelbetter;

but seriously yeah they could add more options

imgur
dropbox
some kind of in-house cloud service maybe
send to email??

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: David on January 01, 2016, 01:14:31 PM
yeah youtube is an option for videos but for photos you're limited to twitterbook or copying it to a usb drive akudood;
this wouldn't be so cumbersome if the ps4 had some fucking usb ports on the back so the front ones could be used for quick swap devices like usb drives lol

honestly

and additionally, the fact that the ports are pointlessly recessed deep into the face of the console makes so many usb devices incompatible for no good reason

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Whyme on January 01, 2016, 01:15:26 PM
send to email??

this is what i really wanted (i'm a 76 year old man stuck living in 2004)

but imgur would be even better

C.Mongler

if you don't use email that probably makes you 12 not 76 lmao

also yall I got destiny for christmas so I'm like level 10 lol I should probably wait until I'm 40 to play with the homies

ME##

Quote from: Tectron on January 01, 2016, 01:16:56 PM
Quote from: David on January 01, 2016, 01:14:31 PM

honestly

and additionally, the fact that the ports are pointlessly recessed deep into the face of the console makes so many usb devices incompatible for no good reason

#jemesouviens

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on January 01, 2016, 01:58:53 PM

also yall I got destiny for christmas so I'm like level 10 lol I should probably wait until I'm 40 to play with the homies

but someone who prefers email to facebook or twitter for info sharing in 2016 is either 76 or a boyager lol goowan

Quote from: David on January 01, 2016, 02:01:28 PM

#jemesouviens

it would have been the perfect machine :'(

bluaki

Quote from: Tectron on January 01, 2016, 01:17:52 PM
but imgur would be even better

Try using PS4's web browser? It'll probably let you visit image uploading sites and browse for pictures from your screenshots storage.

I know the Vita, Wii U, and 3DS all support image uploads through the web browser.

Kalahari Inkantation

that puts several additional steps in between capturing an image and actually having free access to it, and struggling with the ps4's awful browser would probably take even longer than dealing with a usb drive does smithicide;

whereas uploading to twitterbook is (presumably) quick and seamless if that's what the player wants thanks to native support for those platforms

also i just tried with the browser and it doesn't seem to work: browse your computer>cannot use this feature

Kalahari Inkantation

and uploading on 3ds is possible, but only through an unofficial channel as far as i can tell: http://www.webrender.net/imgur/

ME##

Quote from: Tectron on January 01, 2016, 02:26:55 PM
and uploading on 3ds is possible, but only through an unofficial channel as far as i can tell: http://www.webrender.net/imgur/

tfw nintendo removed the tumblr uploader which removed the usefulness of that feature to me

bluaki

Quote from: Tectron on January 01, 2016, 02:22:57 PM
also i just tried with the browser and it doesn't seem to work: browse your computer>cannot use this feature
I just tried this too and got the same result

I also tried on PS3, which does support image uploads.

PS4 is the only internet-connected console I use that has an image gallery but can't upload images doodhuh;
Every other Sony and Nintendo system can.

Quote from: Tectron on January 01, 2016, 02:26:55 PM
imgur has a very clunky web UI to use on anything but desktops, which simply doesn't work on a lot of devices' web browsers. Sadly, you can't even force it to use web interface on anything that doesn't have a recognized mobile useragent.

While 3DS, PS3, and Vita support uploading images in general, imgur's site doesn't work. Many other hosts, like cubeupload, do work with them.

I think Wii U works with imgur, although instead of picking from a gallery, you can only upload the current image off either the TV or GamePad, just like Miiverse.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: bluaki on January 01, 2016, 02:53:05 PM
Quote from: Tectron on January 01, 2016, 02:22:57 PM
I just tried this too and got the same result

I also tried on PS3, which does support image uploads.

PS4 is the only internet-connected console I use that has an image gallery but can't upload images doodhuh;

Greatness Awaitsâ,,˘

C.Mongler

Quote from: Tectron on January 01, 2016, 02:03:06 PM
Quote from: C.Mongler on January 01, 2016, 01:58:53 PM

but someone who prefers email to facebook or twitter for info sharing in 2016 is either 76 or a boyager lol goowan

Quote from: David on January 01, 2016, 02:01:28 PM

#jemesouviens

it would have been the perfect machine :'(

why the fuck would i send myself a screenshot on facebook instead of email, the system that exists and has worked better than facebook for like 20 years longer  doodhuh;

Kalahari Inkantation

i'm currently asking sony's tech support hotline the very same question

Go Up