June 17, 2024, 12:54:34 AM

1,531,266 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

FF7 Remake hype train

Started by The artist formally known, June 15, 2015, 06:50:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on December 07, 2015, 12:06:34 PM
i'm pretty sure they just want an excuse to charge $100 for a game that would otherwise be $60
what worries me the most, is the possibility that this will be a digital only thing.

and it better not be

bluaki

Quote from: Loto on December 07, 2015, 12:11:45 PM
what worries me the most, is the possibility that this will be a digital only thing.

and it better not be

Surely, if their excuse for splitting the game is that it's too big to fit on one Blu-ray, they should be planning to release each episode physically on its own Blu-ray (and will never release "FF7 remake collection" on one regular Blu-ray), right?

...right? >_<'

TooB

I would be totally ok with a small dip into the past and have them release this game on multiple blurays if that was the case.

and it would be a funny callback to the ps1 game.

bluaki

That said, if the game really is too big for all episodes to be on one Blu-ray, a complete collection disc might be a good use of the new UHD-BD disc format if they really do end up making a compatible PS4 (or PS5?).

Quote from: Loto on December 07, 2015, 01:28:32 PM
Nah, rather than a callback, that is more like a development problem and/or pricing scheme. This is what a callback to a multi-disc PS1 game is like:
Quote from: OtaconWe're on a PS3 system! It's a Blu-ray Disc. Dual-layered too - no need to swap discs.

C.Mongler

there's no fucking way it's larger than a blu ray disc, if it is they're doing something horribly wrong lol

it's greed ya'll

TooB

Quote from: bluaki on December 07, 2015, 01:49:02 PM
That said, if the game really is too big for all episodes to be on one Blu-ray, a complete collection disc might be a good use of the new UHD-BD disc format if they really do end up making a compatible PS4 (or PS5?).

Quote from: Loto on December 07, 2015, 01:28:32 PM
Nah, rather than a callback, that is more like a development problem and/or pricing scheme. This is what a callback to a multi-disc PS1 game is like:
Quote from: OtaconWe're on a PS3 system! It's a Blu-ray Disc. Dual-layered too - no need to swap discs.

well I only state that taking what they say about it being too big to be true.

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on December 07, 2015, 02:07:47 PM
there's no fucking way it's larger than a blu ray disc, if it is they're doing something horribly wrong lol

it's greed ya'll
exactly. and BD's are starting to reach 200gb.
even now, i think they can be 100gb so if you're game is bigger than that, you need to either
a) learn to compress better or
b) scale the ambition down

Samus Aran

they expanded Sephiroth's Supernova spell to now be five hours long, in SuperTrueHD 300fps

TooB

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on December 07, 2015, 04:13:02 PM
they expanded Sephiroth's Supernova spell to now be five hours long, in SuperTrueHD 300fps
sephiroths supernova will be its own part of the releases.

Snowy

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on December 07, 2015, 04:13:02 PM
I can only hope they do this

Samus Aran

Chocobo breeding is its own disc, and now takes roughly 800 hours of breed grinding in order to get the new Platinum Chocobo, which will suck your dick irl

TooB

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on December 07, 2015, 09:15:05 PM
Chocobo breeding is its own disc, and now takes roughly 800 hours of breed grinding in order to get the new Platinum Chocobo, which will suck your dick irl
these are the quality posts i miss from Kazz B Krunch

bluaki

December 08, 2015, 03:24:21 AM #58 Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 03:39:35 AM by bluaki
Quote from: Loto on December 07, 2015, 02:10:55 PM

it's greed ya'll
even now, i think they can be 100gb so if you're game is bigger than that, you need to either
200GB? Since when? Even BDXL is only like 128GB and that's an incompatible format with other Blu-ray readers.

Current PS4 models can't handle BDXL discs, only classic blu-ray discs at up to the dual-layer 50GB. Sony's expressed interest in making a PS4 model that  supports UHD BD-Video which by extension means supporting BDXL discs, but not necessarily for games.

TooB

Quote from: bluaki on December 08, 2015, 03:24:21 AM
Quote from: Loto on December 07, 2015, 02:10:55 PM

it's greed ya'll
200GB? Since when? Even BDXL is only like 128GB and that's an incompatible format with other Blu-ray readers.

Current PS4 models can't handle BDXL discs, only classic blu-ray discs at up to the dual-layer 50GB. Sony's expressed interest in making a PS4 model that  supports UHD BD-Video which by extension means supporting BDXL discs, but not necessarily for games.
they're working on them

Go Up