June 17, 2024, 01:53:20 AM

1,531,266 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

FF7 Remake hype train

Started by The artist formally known, June 15, 2015, 06:50:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Snowy

Quote from: Tectron on December 05, 2015, 01:09:48 PM

it looks like ffxv

which i don't mind at all
i mean it's the FFXV engine

TooB

Thyme

confirmed: full games on release are dead

Nyerp

hype train has crashed delete this fucking thread

TooB

There ain't no gettin offa this train we're on

smithicide;

Travis

bluaki

Is the setting of FF7 based on the US? I noticed a distinctly American speed limit sign in that trailer.

ME##

Quote from: bluaki on December 06, 2015, 10:29:10 PM
Is the setting of FF7 based on the US? I noticed a distinctly American speed limit sign in that trailer.
it's more an amalgamation of eastern and western design motifs to form nondescript future anime world

C.Mongler

Quote from: Loto on December 06, 2015, 06:29:41 PM
Welp, square ALREADY fucked up this remake....

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/12/06/final-fantasy-vii-remake-is-going-to-be-episodic.aspx

RIP hype train, there were no survivors

[spoiler]i really hope this means they are going to expand the remake into other FF7 areas like Crisis Core or maybe even a game adaptation of Advent Children (since the tech exists now to do a graphically similar game experience); BUT IT'S SQUARE SO WHO AM I KIDDING THEY ARE JUST GONNA GUT THIS GAME INTO MULTIPLE PARTS  Reichdood;[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

how exactly does the newly released ps4 version of ff7 compare to the straight ps1 port i purchased on psn a year ago

i hear it's possible to turn off random encounters and speed up battles (ie make grinding slightly less of a game-ruining chore) in the new version, and both of these features would help to alleviate some of my concerns about this game

but i already paid for the ps1 version smithicide;

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on December 07, 2015, 09:22:20 AM
how exactly does the newly released ps4 version of ff7 compare to the straight ps1 port i purchased on psn a year ago

i hear it's possible to turn off random encounters and speed up battles (ie make grinding slightly less of a game-ruining chore) in the new version, and both of these features would help to alleviate some of my concerns about this game

but i already paid for the ps1 version smithicide;
those are true, but also the script is re-worked so it doesn't have all those typos and stuff.

and trophies

Kalahari Inkantation

i'm not really concerned about trophies but those quality of life enhancements are significant

Significant enough to warrant spending a whole $10 on another copy of a game I already own, however, I'm not so sure. awdood;

Ugh. Even backwards Nintendo gives you the option to """upgrade""" Wii Virtual Console games to Wii U at a discount. smithicide;

wat do

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on December 07, 2015, 10:08:32 AM
i'm not really concerned about trophies but those quality of life enhancements are significant

Significant enough to warrant spending a whole $10 on another copy of a game I already own, however, I'm not so sure. awdood;

Ugh. Even backwards Nintendo gives you the option to """upgrade""" Wii Virtual Console games to Wii U at a discount. smithicide;

wat do
characters have mouths now in their lego models... sillydood;

TooB

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/12/07/final-fantasy-vii-remake-is-going-to-be-episodic.aspx

if they couldn't remake this game because "it's too significant" to release on one go, then some might say they shouldn't have attempted this in the first place.

I suppose if they can even come close to doing this right, then we'll see.

EDIT: here's a thought....
what if each part equals each disc of the original release?  >.<

that means the last part better only cost like $5

Kalahari Inkantation

i'm pretty sure they just want an excuse to charge $100 for a game that would otherwise be $60

Go Up