September 28, 2024, 04:25:41 PM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Fallout 4

Started by Hiro, June 03, 2015, 09:25:30 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Thyme

not in an open-world game, or at least i can't think of one

tho source is another engine that allows this kind of object manipulation from the player

Daddy

C.Mongler

21 HOUR GAME SAVE REVIEW:

i like it. it's different. still not sure weather thats a good or bad thing. there's a lot of changes that have been made from 3 & NV that both help and hinder this game in a lot of ways, and most positives have a negative to go with them. for example it's cool that your character is an actual character now with a voice and shit, however the 'mass effect' system of dialogue is totally gimped compared to how conversations used to work. i also kind of hate that there's no real karma system in this game, the closest you can get to being evil is just being a sarcastic dick.

i also kind of hate that every single mission spare a few are just dungeon shooty pew pew missions. you can't talk or sneak and hack your way through missions, pretty much all of them shoehorn you into running down close corridors killing everything.

but god damn town building (as fucking janky as it is) and crafting are fun as hell

Daddy

Bed Crafting Simulator 2015

don't let's

don't let's

C.Mongler

beat it last night, ending sucked

[spoiler]like it makes me want to keep playing it more for some hope that i'll be satisfied at some point but i know i won't. meh. like you have a huge epic set of battles, then you hit a button and CUT SCENE with the fucking WER NEVER CHINGES pitch for the what, like 4th time? and then it's basically over. you arguably didnt even save humanity or fucking anything, it's really anticlimactic. it was fun but holy shit does this game have some gaping issues[/spoiler]

worth playing but man it could have been so much better. it seems like for every change bethesda made, it had some hand-in-hand shit that made the game worse. like they made the protagonist an actual character this time COOL, but they made the dialogue system completely fucking mundane and borderline pointless, and in turn stripped the most RPG-like element out of the game BOOO. they added settlement building and resource management COOL, but it works worse than most fucking steam early access 'survival' games do BOOO. they added a bunch of cool weapon and armour customizations COOL, but they stripped weapon degradation and repairs BOOOOOO. my list goes on like this for a while.

the world is cool as shit and fun to explore tho so ill give em that straight up. put in about 42 hours and paid about 50 bucks for it, strong 7 i'd say

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on December 03, 2015, 06:25:18 AM
they added settlement building and resource management COOL, but it works worse than most fucking steam early access 'survival' games do BOOO.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuKX7MvQYcc[/youtube]

C.Mongler

lmao

like it would be tons better if there was they just added the ability to toggle snapping and the ability to snap at a 90 degree angle instead of just 180 degrees. those are two MASSIVE flaws that i dont know how they didnt consider when designing this shit lol

don't let's

Quote from: C.Mongler on December 03, 2015, 07:12:51 AM
lmao

like it would be tons better if there was they just added the ability to toggle snapping and the ability to snap at a 90 degree angle instead of just 180 degrees. those are two MASSIVE flaws that i dont know how they didnt consider when designing this shit lol
Even Halo fixed that I think the second time around

Samus Aran

Quote from: Tectron on December 03, 2015, 06:46:23 AM
Quote from: C.Mongler on December 03, 2015, 06:25:18 AM
they added settlement building and resource management COOL, but it works worse than most fucking steam early access 'survival' games do BOOO.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuKX7MvQYcc[/youtube]

nice jojo reference thrown into that video

http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/King_Crimson

QuoteDue to the paradoxical nature of King Crimson, combined with poor fan translations, "It just works" is the most common answer to how King Crimson works in the Western fandom.

C.Mongler

ME##

Go Up